United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookies seem to think the rags might try and hijack Benteke from the dippers, odds have shortened as low as 5/2, Dippers still odds-on though.

Tricky decision for the lad, managed by Bodgers or partnering Bog-brush. He should stay at Villa.
I see long balls in there future. What's Andy Carroll up to? Is he available?

They are buying very well this summer, has to be said. And they will still probably add a top level defender and striker after Schneiderlin.
As long as the team is built around the grannyshagger and the face I can't see Arsenal being too worried.

Smart business from them - though it's still nice to step back and revel in their misfortune over the last few years. They're getting excited by good midfielders, and signing world class players past their prime, and we are chasing the next bunch of young world class talent heading into their prime in Pogba, Sterling and De Bruyne. Land them or not, our targets this summer are a level above at the moment.

Really?
Not heard of the right back before.

Darmian is one of the most talented right-backs available in a pretty small market for good right-backs. He's very versatile and mobile, can play left-back too. How well he adapts we don't know, but same can be said if we end up with Fabinho.

Schweinsteiger getting 1 last payday.

He offers the composure and leadership they have been missing in midfield more so when Carrick has been out (a lot). He's younger than Yaya Toure, who bossed the league at this age. He did look deteriorated last season so we can hope he's spent, but he is still a very good player with great technique. CM has been a weak spot for them, now with two signings + Herrera's improvement it's pretty much transformed.

And for schneiderlin see lallana, loveren and lambert.....

No, not really. This is like "for (any potential Dutch signing), see Samaras" when there are those like Suarez and co. from the same league. Lallana, Lovren and Lambert have never shown as much as Schneiderlin who has been one of the top few holding mids in the Premier League for a while now and I think averages the most tackles. Let me put it this way - based on what we've seen, he's twice, possibly thrice the player our current holding mid Fernando is.

And Depay is also a very good talent although we won't know how good until he's played a bit in this league.

I hate United as much as anyone, but it's head in sand to say they aren't buying well. These are signings and improve on what they have. If they get a top striker and Ramos or Otamendi, this will be a worryingly good window. We just have to try and do the same. We'd be wise to sell Caballero (and buy a HG backup) and buy a high quality foreign holding mid in addition to Pogba, then we'd have a hugely competitive midfield of Pogba/Yaya/Fernandinho/high quality holding mid.

People are forgetting the turtle factor. He had better season's at Bayern and Barcelona, but was sacked essentially for being a twat. He may have a good track record, he also has a form for testing the patience of his bosses. It will be tough league to win and they have a qualifying round of matches to win. If a miracle happens it's Thursday ITV 2.

Darmian is one of the most talented right-backs available in a pretty small market for good right-backs. He's very versatile and mobile, can play left-back too. How well he adapts we don't know, but same can be said if we end up with Fabinho.

He offers the composure and leadership they have been missing in midfield more so when Carrick has been out (a lot). He's younger than Yaya Toure, who bossed the league at this age. He did look deteriorated last season so we can hope he's spent, but he is still a very good player with great technique. CM has been a weak spot for them, now with two signings + Herrera's improvement it's pretty much transformed.

No, not really. This is like "for (any potential Dutch signing), see Samaras" when there are those like Suarez and co. from the same league. Lallana, Lovren and Lambert have never shown as much as Schneiderlin who has been one of the top few holding mids in the Premier League for a while now and I think averages the most tackles. Let me put it this way - based on what we've seen, he's twice, possibly thrice the player our current holding mid Fernando is.

And Depay is also a very good talent although we won't know how good until he's played a bit in this league.

I hate United as much as anyone, but it's head in sand to say they aren't buying well. These are signings and improve on what they have. If they get a top striker and Ramos or Otamendi, this will be a worryingly good window. We just have to try and do the same. We'd be wise to sell Caballero (and buy a HG backup) and buy a high quality foreign holding mid in addition to Pogba, then we'd have a hugely competitive midfield of Pogba/Yaya/Fernandinho/high quality holding mid.
You know your stuff so this is a bit worrying!

I don't know anything about Darmiano or Depay. Schweinsteiger I am hoping is past his best.

Schneiderlin strikes me as a replacement for Carrick and I don't think he is as good so I am quite happy to see them make this signing. It does not strengthen them.

The best thing bout Utd making these signings is that it's going to be tremendously disruptive this season and LVG only has 1 season left to get it right.

They still need acental defender and striker, and a keeper if De Gea goes.

You know your stuff so this is a bit worrying!

Pogba, Sterling, KDB, a quality holding midfielder (because Fernando is simply not good enough when compared to Matic, Schneiderlin and most equivalents at top clubs unless he improves a lot) and if there's money left, a top class left-back, would outdo United's window comfortably I think. Otamendi will be United's best signing if they get him. But none of their signings would match Pogba if we can somehow pull that off.

I thought their signing of Mata would transform them to being a top quality side. I was wrong. An esteemed moderator, they all are, quickly told me I didn't have a clue about football. He was proved correct. My feelings now are they are throwing money for players willing to join them with no cohesive plan, just papering the cracks. I might and hope I'll be right this time. You can't always be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.