United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to be pretty close between us, Chelsea, Arsenal and United this season.

That top four is a lock. I genuinely think there might only be 10-12 points between 1st and 4th at the end of next season.

The only thing that really worries me is if they hold on to De Gea. Their defense was a sieve last year and they've done nothing much to improve it. Lose one of the world's top GK behind it, and United are vulnerable. However, whatever they do, just will add to the sweetness of finishing above them again.

I don't understand people saying they need a top striker. As much as we hate him surely Rooney fits the bill and will actually play there now they have a midfield - they need another striker but not a stater imp.

They do desperately need a top CB though if they want to challenge. Even then they'll be bedding in a lot of players so probably won't be top drawer this season. People underestimate the value of a settled squad - it's one of the reasons Ferguson had so much success with some mediocre players playing major roles.

they need a player like Benzema to challenge for the title that team is a top 4 maybe pushing for 2nd!

Last edited:
I don't understand people saying they need a top striker. As much as we hate him surely Rooney fits the bill and will actually play there now they have a midfield - they need another striker but not a stater imp.

They do desperately need a top CB though if they want to challenge. Even then they'll be bedding in a lot of players so probably won't be top drawer this season. People underestimate the value of a settled squad - it's one of the reasons Ferguson had so much success with some mediocre players playing major roles.
Rooney is 30 in October and has been playing at the top level since he was 16/17 and I suspect he isn't the most naturally fit player in the PL. If any player is going to burn out in the next couple of years it's him.

United should be looking at a Bony/Remy level striker, not Muller or Kane.

A top CB should be their priority, I'm not sure it is though.

Cannot overlook a midfield set up of schiendelin, sweinstieger, hereira with depay, di maria and potato ahead of them is a vast improvement on last year for them. If they keep the keeper then they will be dangerous if he goes I wouldn't worry the defence is shite

*ignore spelling if wrong

they will still finish below us though

Personally I think Utd are shopping at Aldi and all of there transfers are big gambles.

If the gambles pay off they could be good signings but Schweinsteiger I getting on , Schneiderlen is only your average PL midfielder not a game changer in fact I saw him in France game recently and he was awful, looked out of his depth.

Depay is the wildcard he could potentially be a real asset to them but again is he better than Ashley Young or Di Maria? Only time will tell.

The new defender is unproven so again it's another punt. We signed Nastasic and thought he'd be good but look at that.

On the other hand we have signed Sterling who is proven top class in the PL.

I prefer our strategy to theirs it all seems a little desperate and trying to work on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.