United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather he went now. Whatever we think of them, he was their best player last season and they would have struggled for a top 4 spot without him. A lot can happen in 12 months and I'd rather it happened to De Gea in Madrid than Manchester.
I agree, mate. Twenty million quid is neither here nor there to united in the grand scheme of things tbh.

Hope they keep him, and he spits his dummy out. Every soft goal he lets in would have them wondering if it was intentional.

Keep him i say, then get cock all for him at the end of the season.

regarding Schweinsteiger walking in our side? let's see how he get on in a league he has never played in first

People are getting confused with the could have rather than could,he rarely played for Munich this last year because of crispy knees, like you I will wait to see the majesty of this crocked has been before I judge how good he is compared to our midfield.

I started writing this last night, I wasn't going to post it however it seems to have saved itself as it's still here whilst I'm trying to quote @mat. Here you go then...

I'm not buying into this malarky, they've not improved as much as they'd like you to believe.

Di Maria, RVP, Falcao and Nani are all acceptable players who won't be available to be called upon. Their line will be lead by an aging Rooney who picks up injuries, blows hot and cold, and quite frankly would not get near ours, Arsenal's or Chelsea's front line. If Tottenham go with one up top then he wouldn't be #1 either, Kane is younger and hungrier.

The jury is out on Depay. For every good player to come from that league their's a Samaras or Alves. His attitude seems to be dire, which could make for an interesting bedding in period, that's if he beds in at all (see Di Maria).

Schweinsteiger is going to be 31 by the time the season kicks off. United fans can point at Pirlo however his game is completely different. He sits there and plays the ball, not covering much distance. United will not and can not deploy Schweinsteiger in that role. Besides, he barely played last season so he'll be rusty, and at that age it's a dangerous thing.

Their defence is weak, Jones signing a new contract is telling. The treatment of Valdes is wrong, but what can you expect from Van Gaal? De Gea will be gone this season or next, they WILL lose a world class keeper and they will NOT replace him with another world class keeper.

With the addition of European football this season (expecting they progress), it will be interesting. They're not going to challenge us for the title. The title is between us and Chelsea with Arsenal having a say depending on who they sign. United will limp over the line to 4th, although that may be a little bit more interesting with the addition of European football & hopefully the loss of De Gea.
11705213_10153508483510982_2842705405896611994_n.png
In future mate it's quicker and easier for you to click on the time stamp so it takes you to the direct tweet, you can then copy & paste the URL onto BM and it'll automatically embed it. That way we can tell if it's genuine without faffing around. :-)

regarding Schweinsteiger walking in our side? let's see how he get on in a league he has never played in first

Someone with his vast experience at his age will take to the Prem.
The German league is no different to the English league especially on physicality, he may struggle through winter period but most over sea players do.

Someone with his vast experience at his age will take to the Prem.
The German league is no different to the English league especially on physicality, he may struggle through winter period but most over sea players do.
He's not really in the German league though, he plays for Bayern, they are pretty much in their own league. He's not used to every game being a battle. If strolling through games is too much for his knees, he's going to find playing for the rags a hell of a lot harder

Doesn't mean he's similat to Ireland. Just that he will have as much of impact on their team as Stephan Ireland would have had.

I'm starting to find your love for the rags... well, nothing.

Are you our new rag hunter shiekh,because you keep trying to out established posters. Could get a bit of a name for yourself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.