United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some perspective:
Manchester city -
Raheem Sterling £49 mill - Young English quality player who will only get better imo, 49 mill seems a lot but will more than prove his worth over the next few seasons.

Fabian Delph £8 mill - Surprised me when i saw you guys wanted him decent English player could warm the bench be interested to see if he can develop in to a better player by being around some world class players. Hopefully for England this will be a positive move for him.

I also expect 2-3 more signings from you guys for sure.

Manchester United -
Memphis Depay £25 mill - Young Dutch quality player who again will only improve, price tag is fair for a player who looked good in dutch league but yet to prove himself in epl.

Matteo Darmian £12.7 mill - Young versatile defender can play both sides, to be honest i didn't no much about this guy before we signed him but for the price im happy to have another international player in the team. Will he be better than Valencia or Rafael in Rb position ? I don't know.

Morgan Schneiderlin £24 mill - Strong robust midfielder someone i can honestly say i wanted Manchester united to sign more so than any of the other signings, i just feel we have been lacking a midfield player with a tackle in him and can brake up opposition play. Can he do the same for Manchester united as he has for Southampton? I think so i think this guy has earned his stripes coming up from league one with Southampton and doing really well to help them get 7th in epl.

Bastian Schweinsteiger £14.4 mill - We all know this guy so don't need to say to much, i was quite surprised by this signing but i feel like this is a player we need around the dressing room just as much on the pitch. Seen a few of his videos and seems genuinely happy to be at Manchester united. A Lot of people will question his age but Yaya is 32 ? would i be happy if we got yaya for £14.4 mill ?? Yes all day looooong!!

To conclude, both teams have strengthened and i expect more quality signings from both sides, I don't feel like we was that much behind you guys last season when we played we lost away and won at home but the league table don't lie so you were the better side, I'm just looking forward to the new season starting - win loose or draw !!

Also if we signed Sterling i would of been pulling my self off in the red cafe. :P

Is it half-term?

Comedy gold.

Click to have a laugh.

ESOzQCz.jpg

Ig0NHnl.jpg

0BqR5DN.jpg

Last edited:
Right so they have an awesome midfield paring - as well as Pigboys 12 league appearances last season Schneiderlin managed a total of only 25 - his lowest in the last 5 seasons - and they appear to assume that this pairing finishes off the team from back to front. A defence that boasts Smallthing and the New Duncan Edwards behind the dynamic duo and up front an attack..... well its shorn of RVP and likely to lose Tia Maria ..... I see them as no nearer the finished article that they .... and some on this shite.... seem to think they are???
Edited

I'm not as euphoric as the Rags, or dismissive as some Blues, over their signings. I do like some of the players they've signed and will theoretically be a better team next season. The only issue is like the start of last season, and whether Van Gaal will be able to make a Plan A work, and get the most of those players. If not, they'll be back to 4th place achieving Fellaini lumping, do enough to mess with teams who try and play football, but reducing the potential of their side by restricting their own quality because of weakness in other areas.

They need CBs.

They must be after a striker. Who they get and how they settle in will define their next season. I can't think who they will end up with but lets see how it pans out.

They must be after a striker. Who they get and how they settle in will define their next season. I can't think who they will end up with but lets see how it pans out.
They will toss a fortune on Cavani, PSG want rid, he wants a pay day.

They finished 4th last year. Just. I can't really see any logic in assuming that the signings they have made, now makes them contenders for a title.

Personally I think they are million fucking miles away.

It's as you were last season for me. Chelsea or ourselves.

The fact that he made only 12 Bundesliga starts last season raises a question mark at the very least. The PL is a much tougher and more competitive environment too.

I read the comments of a Bayern fan on another forum – apparently didn't start too many games season before last either, and says his performances haven't been great.
Bayern don't appear to have tried hard to keep hold of him, and he's gone to the rags for the wages... He was a great player, personally I feel he will be a bigger flop than Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.