United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34311859

Man Utd: Ferguson demanded payrise to match Rooney
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson demanded that his salary was doubled in the aftermath of Wayne Rooney's big pay increase in 2010.
Rooney was set to leave United before signing a deal worth £250,000 a week.
"I told them I did not think it fair that Rooney should earn twice what I made," Ferguson says in a new book.
"[United co-chairman] Joel Glazer said: 'I totally agree but what should we do?' It was simple. We just agreed no player should be paid more than me."

The irony being that the rags probably have more mercenaries than anybody else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34311859

Man Utd: Ferguson demanded payrise to match Rooney
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson demanded that his salary was doubled in the aftermath of Wayne Rooney's big pay increase in 2010.
Rooney was set to leave United before signing a deal worth £250,000 a week.
"I told them I did not think it fair that Rooney should earn twice what I made," Ferguson says in a new book.
"[United co-chairman] Joel Glazer said: 'I totally agree but what should we do?' It was simple. We just agreed no player should be paid more than me."

The irony being that the rags probably have more mercenaries than anybody else.
And their fans are more bitter than everybody else.....

So we can all move on, attached is footage of the United manager, half a decade before Ferguson. Fast forward the clip to 32 minutes.

Again you post a clip that doesn't prove your point – that clip at 32mins proves what Gary and all other blues on here are saying, United 'the club' are jealous of Liverpool's success not the fans, as Gary James has already pointed out, the period of Atkinson as manager actually saw piss-poor attendance figures when you played them, if it was such a hotbed of rivalry then that wouldn't be the case, yet full house if you played us! – the animosity between the clubs as you percieve it is a result of Baconface's stoking the fire when he took over simply because he wanted to be more successful (a personal thing for him)... Find us some clips of Liverpool fans, and yours from back in 70's/80's talking about this mythical animosity. Truth is uptil the Premier League era Scousers laughed at you and took the piss.

There was definitely animosity between Mancs and Scousers ,,,trust me

Yes that's not debated – there's a history of inter-city rivalry, but that's not the same as the footballing rivalry they're trying to justify.
Back in the old days visiting Goodison was probably worse than Klanfield, yet they claim no rivalry with them... so why Liverpool? Oh yeah they were more successful!

To prove this, a few years ago - before we won our first PL title I got talking to some Scousers on holiday - they all wished us good luck and hoped we'd beat the Rags to title...
Couple of years later - after we'd beat Liverpool to the title, they're feelings towards City fans mysteriously changed, now it's animosity like with the rags... because we're now better than them... that's what causes the rivalry.

Last edited:
I caught the piece of the interview they showed at Breakfast
red nose said that his teams always went out to win and NEVER went out not to get beat
First thing that came to mind..............

6844166.jpg

He's still a lying fucker
That game showed to me how much we were ahead of them, years before he would never have come been afraid of us, what a fucking night that was.

Remember the game they came and kicked SWP all over the fucking park... they never came to win that game either the lying old, piss-stained ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.