United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not wrong. I mean the suits don't give a shit as long as the money rolls in but with you lot upping the ante the Glazer suits need to up their game big time. Mourinho is an asshole but he's smart and knows what United are up against unlike Moyes and Van Gaal. Fighting for fourth place trophy like how the Arse are satisfied won't do and if we are to stop your juggernaut pulling away completely we need to start spending the money we earn globally.
Like I say Mourinho's a smart fucker. Let's see how it goes.

Don't forget to spend the money you didn't 'earn' from Chevrolet whilst you are at it.

YFighting for fourth place trophy like how the Arse are satisfied won't do and if we are to stop your juggernaut pulling away completely we need to start spending the money we earn globally.
Fourth place may not do for your fans or the eye-gouger but it will do nicely for the Glazers. They're only in it for the money, not the glory. No point in spending hundreds of millions when the money comes rolling in regardless. First priority is the interest and finance charges then the dividends. Then there's the biggest wage bill in the PL (even though none of your players are mercenaries and play for a bag of veg & tray of meat from Edwards' left-over stock). And anything left might go on players.But operating expenses are going up as fast as revenue so there's not that uch left over.

Fourth place may not do for your fans or the eye-gouger but it will do nicely for the Glazers. They're only in it for the money, not the glory. No point in spending hundreds of millions when the money comes rolling in regardless. First priority is the interest and finance charges then the dividends. Then there's the biggest wage bill in the PL (even though none of your players are mercenaries and play for a bag of veg & tray of meat from Edwards' left-over stock). And anything left might go on players.But operating expenses are going up as fast as revenue so there's not that uch left over.
They can always eat that humble pie Colin. ;)

You're not wrong. I mean the suits don't give a shit as long as the money rolls in but with you lot upping the ante the Glazer suits need to up their game big time. Mourinho is an asshole but he's smart and knows what United are up against unlike Moyes and Van Gaal. Fighting for fourth place trophy like how the Arse are satisfied won't do and if we are to stop your juggernaut pulling away completely we need to start spending the money we earn globally.

It will be interesting to see how it goes for you. With my blue specs off and as an observer of a unique business/sports situation. When i speak to my old pap about you chaps (he is a utd fan) it is a strange situation because by all charts and such your on the up. However the reality on the ground does feel a bit different with the chat always going glum quick. How much of that is due to how well we are doing i find hard to quantify really. My dad is a bit simplistic maybe but his mentality as a 70 odd yo red is "there is a fucking leak in the ship and as fast as we go the more water it pushes in" to the effect that your hamstrung and the string on your ham will grow equally with your finances.

His point mainly is, as is mine, that in order to grow and be cohesive with a long term goal; having a manager choose, what? say 60% of players to his mantra. Then to have Woodward and his crew of finance chaps choose the others over a 4k meal at a city restaurant every few months going of endless charts and research on "commercial viability". It is a hard limit on your desires to get back to the very top.

I hear if you guys get a DoF he still will have no say on player transfers. If that is correct then that would worry me as somewhere there is a huge disconnect between the minds running the club and the reality on the ground and what is needed.

I think of lessons in war for example, where we of all nations are very guilty of over confidence and unwarranted self assured nature leading to disaster. I see similar with you. Those at the top are happy and it is seemingly going so well. However the troops are running out of ammo and pulling every trick in the book just to keep their heads above water. The disconnect between the command and the boots on the ground stops any forward planning of competency and keeps you on a hand to mouth survival arrangement.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, it is not malicious but my honest view of you chaps atm.

You really don't have to take our success so personally. Enjoy your own moment now and let's enjoy some great competition in the coming decade. Great to have two Manchester teams competitive at last. Best of luck to both of us. Sooner you boys than Liverpool any day.
You took our lack of success and turned it into a source of entertainment. The club even sanctioned the fun by permitting that banner. You'd have thought the club would have been more gracious to City who helped them out time and time again when the rags were in crisis.
And now the tables are turned and you request that City fans simply look at ourselves and enjoy it.
Sorry but that is patronising Bollocks. Not only are we joyfully welcoming the down turn of the rags but it is a double whammy of it coinciding with the Blue Moon Rising.
Watch it and weep!

I have it on good authority he's just a little man.

You took our lack of success and turned it into a source of entertainment. The club even sanctioned the fun by permitting that banner. You'd have thought the club would have been more gracious to City who helped them out time and time again when the rags were in crisis.
And now the tables are turned and you request that City fans simply look at ourselves and enjoy it.
Sorry but that is patronising Bollocks. Not only are we joyfully welcoming the down turn of the rags but it is a double whammy of it coinciding with the Blue Moon Rising.
Watch it and weep!

I would consider the idea of Utd becoming, in respect to us, what Arsenal became, to Utd. Where we just pat them on the head & refer to their manager by first name terms, as they meekly finish below us, lose half arsedly when they play us, every year.

But I'd like to take the malicious fucking piss out of them for 10-15 years first before considering it.

I would consider the idea of Utd becoming, in respect to us, what Arsenal became, to Utd. Where we just pat them on the head & refer to their manager by first name terms, as they meekly finish below us, lose half arsedly when they play us, every year.

But I'd like to take the malicious fucking piss out of them for 10-15 years first before considering it.
I can understand that :) on a jokey level and good for you but really it does seem some of you fellows take the whole business very personally. Can't be at all good for the old blood pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.