United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Just realised myself.
Way off the mark. Why would someone pretend they are a rival supporter and post on their own site?
Mindboggling you think I'm a blue just because I don't disrespect City's achievements. There are loads of United supporters who have a healthy respect and healthy rivalry at the same time. There are many City fans e.g. who post on redcafe as they like to mix it up with United and other club's support. Where's the fun if we can't wind one another up?? :(

Don't all football supporters think they get the shit end of the stick. Red cafe's not as extreme but you get enough bleaters about decisions against us too.
I don't believe the crap that they all even out over the season and certainly officials can be bent, even without knowig it themselves they are prone to giving decisions against teams based on their often unconscious bias. That nincompoop Lee Mason with his inexplicable decision to disallow Zlatan's acrobatic goal against Middlesborough on New Year's Eve, just one of many howlers last season. I swear the mightily pompous Clattenberg hates United too.
Officials are just humans though so they do make mistakes and allow prejudice rule. It's hard to fathom whether theyre consciousl biased or not though.
I agree that most football fans think their club gets the shit end of the stick. I rarely subscribe to that type of thinking. The early run-in to the title in 2012 and last season being my two exceptions.

I think Clattenberg is the most talented refereee, but prone to....errrr.....inexplicable errors.

Way off the mark. Why would someone pretend they are a rival supporter and post on their own site?
Mindboggling you think I'm a blue just because I don't disrespect City's achievements. There are loads of United supporters who have a healthy respect and healthy rivalry at the same time. There are many City fans e.g. who post on redcafe as they like to mix it up with United and other club's support. Where's the fun if we can't wind one another up?? :(
The only thing I can't stand from other fans is people disrespecting my club. That banner was disrespectful to City. Ferguson was almost unfailingly disrespectful to City. Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of Manchester football history will know the integral role that City played in united's existence and subsequent dominance. That alone deserves respect.

Don't all football supporters think they get the shit end of the stick. Red cafe's not as extreme but you get enough bleaters about decisions against us too.
I don't believe the crap that they all even out over the season and certainly officials can be bent, even without knowig it themselves they are prone to giving decisions against teams based on their often unconscious bias. That nincompoop Lee Mason with his inexplicable decision to disallow Zlatan's acrobatic goal against Middlesborough on New Year's Eve, just one of many howlers last season. I swear the mightily pompous Clattenberg hates United too.
Officials are just humans though so they do make mistakes and allow prejudice rule. It's hard to fathom whether theyre consciousl biased or not though.

Mason's decisions to any of your goals aren't inexplicable; he's a rag!

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but it's happened on several occasions before.

The only thing I can't stand from other fans is people disrespecting my club. That banner was disrespectful to City. Ferguson was almost unfailingly disrespectful to City. Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of Manchester football history will know the integral role that City played in united's existence and subsequent dominance. That alone deserves respect.
I agree, there's a difference between disrespect and banter. Ferguson like Mourinho too crossed the line on occasion. Something in their fiercly competitive nature that is not well regulated. Probably part of the same excessive driving force to win but expressed in an anti-social behaviourist manner. Mancini had a bit of excess in him too.
I wonder how Guardiola handles a certain level of pressure. He was pretty abrupt to the press last season when his methods were questioned seems less hot headed but his ambition is fierce unlike the more agreeable Pellegrini.

I agree, there's a difference between disrespect and banter. Ferguson like Mourinho too crossed the line on occasion. Something in their fiercly competitive nature that is not well regulated. Probably part of the same excessive driving force to win but expressed in an anti-social behaviourist manner. Mancini had a bit of excess in him too.
I wonder how Guardiola handles a certain level of pressure. He was pretty abrupt to the press last season when his methods were questioned seems less hot headed but his ambition is fierce unlike the more agreeable Pellegrini.
afaik Mancini was never disrespectful about other clubs. Mourinho and Ferguson before him manifestly are/were.

He can be as abrupt as he want with most of the press. As I said earlier, respect earns you a chance. An absence of it should be met in kind. Ferguson, on that count at least (his dealings with the press) was correct in his approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.