United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will be interesting is if, when they drop points in the next 4, they immediately regain their current form vs. the mid & lower table, or if they go into crisis mode.

It's not inconceivable at all that they come out of those 3 big games with 4 points or fewer, which means they'd be 5+ points behind us, probably not in 2nd anymore.

At that point, do they just put it behind them or do they go into a major wobble? That's what they did last season October where after losing to us they went L W D D L D W D D D - 2 wins in 10 - and basically ended their title chase by December.

If they do have a wobble, then Newcastle, Arsenal, maybe even Watford become potential banana skins and the Derby could be something they have to win to keep any hopes of a title challenge alive.
what is also interesting about the liverpool game,if you recall last seasons game at anfield.utd went for a draw,parked the bus and battled it out.what will he do this year,the same or has he got more confidence in his team this time around and go toe to toe.
i guess that will give us the biggest clue on how good they really are and what, mourninho actually thinks of his team.

what is also interesting about the liverpool game,if you recall last seasons game at anfield.utd went for a draw,parked the bus and battled it out.what will he do this year,the same or has he got more confidence in his team this time around and go toe to toe.
i guess that will give us the biggest clue on how good they really are and what, mourninho actually thinks of his team.

PEG parked the bus at Southampton recently, no chance he does anything different at Anfield.

After the next 4 league games everyone will finally come to the conclusion that they are top 4 contenders at best.

PEG parked the bus at Southampton recently, no chance he does anything different at Anfield.

After the next 4 league games everyone will finally come to the conclusion that they are top 4 contenders at best.

I have the suspicion they'll "manage" to stay unbeaten till the Derby so it can be hyped up.

Either way we'll be "lucky" to beat them to the title this season. They certainly won't be "allowed" to implode.

I have the suspicion they'll "manage" to stay unbeaten till the Derby so it can be hyped up.

Either way we'll be "lucky" to beat them to the title this season. They certainly won't be "allowed" to implode.

Don't think so mate. Might get some luck with Liverpool but after their recent results they'll be feeing the pressure much more so expecting them to show some fight. Spurs are flying especially away from home. Chelsea do not get the credit they deserve. I thought they were very good against us but we were just better.

Think they will implode. They've been handed a start that we probably won't see again in 20 years.

Pogba is out for a while. Contrary to popular belief they are most definitely not better off without him. Lukaku usually goes missing in the big matches and we'll see how he manages to play every game until big nose returns. Lindelof can't get a game. Matic is good but let's be honest Chelsea wouldn't sell him for no reason. He was seen as a squad player for this season, of course Conte would prefer to keep him and have more rotational possibilities but they got great value and sold him.

A series of a few games without a win and the drama will begin. PEG knows no other way.

Can't wait for the meltdown, it's going to happen.

Lpool are garbage. Utd will turn them over and the media frenzy will be unbearable

It's a real possibility as it's a while since Liverpool last raised their game v the rags.

But, the rags have been so average when the opposition has been average, rather than shite, it's not impossible Liverpool could 'do' them.

They have fuck all else to look forward to this season, so they might as well give it the full treatment.

To take the thread in a different direction;
As the rags haven't been really tested this season, I feel that when the more difficult games come up that they will start to drop points.
When this starts happening and Maureen starts to be quizzed about it, that's when I believe that he will lose it.
I am hoping that when we play the cnuts on December 9th, two things happen.
1.) We give them a footballing lesson resulting in a 4 or 5 goal victory for us.
2.) Our victory over them is so comprehensive, it knocks them out of the top 4 and Maureen resigns as a result.
My fingers are crossed!
I endorse this.

oh yeah...totally forgot about s'ampton, if they lose,they won't get top four,that's my conclusion.

Their matches until the derby are:

Liverpool (a)
Huddersfield (A)
Spurs (h)
Chelsea (a)
Newcastle (h)
Brighton (h)
Watford (a)
Arsenal (a)
City (h)

So 8 matches pre-derby, 15-18 pts i'd guess.

That Arsenal-CL-City week looks fun for them. Shame they're at home in that CL match, and the one between Spurs and Chelsea.

it wouldnt surprise me if they won them all except Chelsea! Spurs always roll over and Arsenal are shit scared, Liverpool will not keep them out!

We will still tear them a new one tho! Gunna have to do this the hard way without any help from anyone*, just like 2011/12!

*(except Wigan, Everton & Joey Barton)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.