United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they've only played rubbish, my worry is the confidence that then brings.

But it works both ways: a couple of defeats will see their confidence disappear. Not only that, but Peg likes to publicly humiliate his players when they're not doing well. If anyone goes through a bad patch he will hang them out to dry. He hasn't got a reputation for being a c**t for nothing.

But it works both ways: a couple of defeats will see their confidence disappear. Not only that, but Peg likes to publicly humiliate his players when they're not doing well. If anyone goes through a bad patch he will hang them out to dry. He hasn't got a reputation for being a c**t for nothing.

It can swing either way but as it stands they haven't had these couple of defeats. They had one setback at Stoke and then won the next game. I just think the kind of run they are on they might actually believe they are better than what they actually are and that carry them through. Teams rocking up at Old Trafford again beaten before kicking a ball. I'm just fearing the worst and hoping for the same dip they had last year when they met a good team.

I wouldn't use that rag term.
CBHW145b01.jpg

It can swing either way but as it stands they haven't had these couple of defeats. They had one setback at Stoke and then won the next game. I just think the kind of run they are on they might actually believe they are better than what they actually are and that carry them through. Teams rocking up at Old Trafford again beaten before kicking a ball. I'm just fearing the worst and hoping for the same dip they had last year when they met a good team.
I'll save any plaudits until Christmas. I also dont buy into there beaten before a ball is kicked, that may have been the case, but I think those days are long gone

First defeat by a good team and they will realise what they are only good against cannon fodder follow it up with another bad result confidence will be hit.

I'll save any plaudits until Christmas. I also dont buy into there beaten before a ball is kicked, that may have been the case, but I think those days are long gone
I really think that we may benefit from that mindset for the foreseeable future.
The way we've been knocking over the bottom half home and away recently may well have opponents thinking in terms of damage limitation when facing us.
I suppose that there's always the refs to spoil the party, though.

I've got a good feeling that Liverpool will beat them at Anfield quite easily (3-0) to start the rot which will climax with us smashing them 7-0 sealing Pegs sacking

Their matches until the derby are:

Liverpool (a)
Huddersfield (A)
Spurs (h)
Chelsea (a)
Newcastle (h)
Brighton (h)
Watford (a)
Arsenal (a)
City (h)

So 8 matches pre-derby, 15-18 pts i'd guess.

That Arsenal-CL-City week looks fun for them. Shame they're at home in that CL match, and the one between Spurs and Chelsea.

What will be interesting is if, when they drop points in the next 4, they immediately regain their current form vs. the mid & lower table, or if they go into crisis mode.

It's not inconceivable at all that they come out of those 3 big games with 4 points or fewer, which means they'd be 5+ points behind us, probably not in 2nd anymore.

At that point, do they just put it behind them or do they go into a major wobble? That's what they did last season October where after losing to us they went L W D D L D W D D D - 2 wins in 10 - and basically ended their title chase by December.

If they do have a wobble, then Newcastle, Arsenal, maybe even Watford become potential banana skins and the Derby could be something they have to win to keep any hopes of a title challenge alive.

Just because they play football that should clear the stands like a fire drill, we shouldn't under estimate them. They are strong defensively and have pace on the break.

I am surprised so many fans are writing them off. Injuries, referee decisions and a very deep squad mean that they are a danger.

Let's hope that their confidence is as brittle as some believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.