United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many headlines saying deal agreed by utd for Lukaku, when it's clear from Everton NO deal has been agreed, very strange.

Everton were close to them and have been progressing, this helps hold them back a bit imo as jokes aside they were right up utd's chuff last season so are a rival to them and this weakens the toffee's. He will fit in at utd to i think sadly but meh, they had to buy someone. Two days ago they had exhausted their transfer target list basically and needed to get some fucker in but he is a good player to get in considering their options.

I have had my fun with their inability to get anyone on their list, especially their primary targets who are still not top end players. Lukaku is a decent buy though but as long as Rooney ends up staying at utd i would be pretty chirpy.

Why are so many headlines saying deal agreed by utd for Lukaku, when it's clear from Everton NO deal has been agreed, very strange.
Not strange really: Positive stuff about the rags making a signing generates more clicks than Everton denying a deal has been done.

He's exactly what they need. A perfect mourinho player and the type he manages to get the absolute best out of (see Drogba, Milito etc). A player who bagged 25 goals the past 2 seasons for an everton team with barkley as their main creative force is not too bad. His all round game is also much better than a lot give him credit for and he works with his teammates very well. As for criticism of him being a flat-track bully, if they had someone like him last season they would easily be a top 4 team seeing as most of their drawn games came against those teams where they needed someone like him. They've overpaid a bit and he won't be a game-changer signing (the current version of him) that could win them leagues and cups single-handedly like a bale, neymar, griezmann for that money but when you consider some of the fees touted for unproven young players off the back of 1 season its not too far-fetched for a proven premier league scorer who still has an upside to his game

Lukaku same price they sold C.Ronaldo for in 2009.
They just got merked. Everton laughing all the way to the bank.
Lukaku is a flat track bully who's a big lump.
A big lump we allowed to score against us twice last season, and he also scored against Arse and Spuds.
What happens when he's not scoring? Does he miss loads, forces saves, or does he just not get to the ball?

Fuck me the rags have been mugged off.
Lukaku is nowhere near worth 75 million.

The rags team is so shit and so one dimensional. They will struggle for top 3 next season

Lukaku's quality mate and should suit their style of play. He's strong enough to lead the line on his own. We can debate the fee all day but that's just the way things are at the moment with the amount of money swilling round the English game.

What I would say is that if Mourinho is fully behind this signing, why didn't he give him a chance when he returned as Chelsea manager in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.