United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a damn good Ipswich Town side.If Kevin Beattie had been fit for a greater part of that period Ipswich,and possibly England...may have been inspired to greater heights....

It was indeed. IMO Ipswich were the best team in England during the 1980-81 season and probably should’ve gone on to win the title ahead of Villa but I think fixture congestion due to getting to the FA Cup semis and winning the UEFA Cup scuppered their title hopes.

I was only 10 at the time but I remember being gutted that we drew Ipswich in the semis as for me it was the hardest tie of the lot, I was both astonished and delighted that we beat them.

It was indeed. IMO Ipswich were the best team in England during the 1980-81 season and probably should’ve gone on to win the title ahead of Villa but I think fixture congestion due to getting to the FA Cup semis and winning the UEFA Cup scuppered their title hopes.

I was only 10 at the time but I remember being gutted that we drew Ipswich in the semis as for me it was the hardest tie of the lot, I was both astonished and delighted that we beat them.
I was very impressed by that ipswich side.everything about them that year seemed neat and tidy..their style of football,the well cut Portman rd pitch which suited their style of short passing movements,the dutch influence of Muhren and Thissen,eric gates sharp shooting and george burleys over lapping runs..a bobby robson team to be proud of.i too was very worried that we got drawn against them in the semi.i listened to it on my transistor radio.it was scary,nerve wracking stuff..will never forget the noise and emotion for Paul Powers goal.absolutely brilliant.

I was very impressed by that ipswich side.everything about them that year seemed neat and tidy..their style of football,the well cut Portman rd pitch which suited their style of short passing movements,the dutch influence of Muhren and Thissen,eric gates sharp shooting and george burleys over lapping runs..a bobby robson team to be proud of.i too was very worried that we got drawn against them in the semi.i listened to it on my transistor radio.it was scary,nerve wracking stuff..will never forget the noise and emotion for Paul Powers goal.absolutely brilliant.

I was there. What a day. Think they hit the woodwork a couple of times. Brazil could've had a hat trick.
We played some good stuff, too. Should've been the final.

Shouldn't we be happy Kane is out. For me the Rags are a limited team, although hard to beat. Had a good run against the cannon fodder, but will be found out against plenty of half decent teams. Spuds will finish above United, and will be our biggest threat for the title. So we want them to get beat tomorrow. Chelsea will beat the Rags next week.... if we've done our job properly over the next 2 games, the gap should be insurmountable

Kevin keegan loves this just loves it

Shouldn't we be happy Kane is out. For me the Rags are a limited team, although hard to beat. Had a good run against the cannon fodder, but will be found out against plenty of half decent teams. Spuds will finish above United, and will be our biggest threat for the title. So we want them to get beat tomorrow. Chelsea will beat the Rags next week.... if we've done our job properly over the next 2 games, the gap should be insurmountable
Have you forgotten 8pts with 6 games to go? nothing is decided 6 months from the end of the season

I was there. What a day. Think they hit the woodwork a couple of times. Brazil could've had a hat trick.
We played some good stuff, too. Should've been the final.
Was listening to it on the radio having my tea with my Mum and Grandma as my Dad and Grandad were at the game. Had been promised I could use my Grandad's ticket if we got to Wembley.
Amazing feeling for an 8 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.