United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with the 'news'....
200w.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lukaku had averaged 15 league goals in the last 5 seasons.

That's £100m for a 15 league goals a season player who's main job is to score goals.

Big Nose scored 17 league goals last season.

So on the face of it they've just paid £100m for less goals than they got for free last season.

Snigger.
Well to be fair, considering the last 5 years started when he was 19, it's still fairly impressive. Last season, he scored a goal every 1.5 games in the league, and the season before, he got 1 in 2.

Well to be fair, considering the last 5 years started when he was 19, it's still fairly impressive. Last season, he scored a goal every 1.5 games in the league, and the season before, he got 1 in 2.
About 90% of them were in the last 10 minutes of games against teams who were already losing. Perfect guy to kick a team while it's down, shit at actually scoring goals that matter.

The weird part was Chelsea trying to get him and forcing out Costa, as Costa is exactly the player both these teams need. He scores headers, he's clinical, he holds the ball up well and he finds his teammates. Lukaku doesn't do any of those things. He's terrible in the air for someone so large, he needs tons of chances, he has the touch of a rapist and he never looks up. Give him acres of space to gallop after his first touch and he's pretty unstoppable, but he's not going to break open games, which is exactly what both those teams need

Pisses me off because it keeps perpetuating the myth that those twats are billy big bollocks. I wish we would break the world transfer record and piss on their chips.
Not bothered if we break the world record for transfer fees or not, but if we do I hope it's on a better player than I think Lukaku is.

"Not worth the fee" is such a weird argument. Especially from City fans when we've spent over the odds for the last 9 years. Top clubs don't worry about big fees, it's the cost of putting yourself in position to win trophies in the toughest league in the world. He makes them a better side and scores against us for fun.

Still third best striker in Manchester, mind.
When it's more than A.G. would have cost from Atleti then it's a joke fee. It also doesn't make them stronger than last August either.

For a world record fee, I couldn't ask for them to be signing a weaker player.

"City ruining football again." ;-)

On a serious, deadly serious note!

I want the f***er's at Sly Sports, the Daily Fail, MUFC-BBC-Mediacity, the MUEN, the Daily Mirror, the Sun, the Star, Sunday Supplement, Jeff Stelling & the panel, Paddy Crearand, Lou Macari, Dwight York, Gary Neville, Michael Owen, Robbie 'thick c***' Savage, Bryan Robson, Peter schmeichel, Gary Neville, Richard Scudamore, Arsenal Wenger(Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs) Usain Bolt, Olly Mars, Rachel Riley, Michael Platini, Uli Honess, Franz Beckenbauer, Donal Trump, Theresa May and anyone else remotely connected to United or in power to utterly rip them to pieces when they finally sign Lukaku for '£100mill'

United, runining football again.(Pogba) FFP, my f***ing arse!

Last edited:
LOL, rags trying to claim that they're not actually paying £75m+add ons for Lukaku because Everton still owe them money for Schneiderlin and they're also getting a sell on fee from Burnley for Keane. Yeah, because that's how it works.

Lukaku had averaged 15 league goals in the last 5 seasons.

That's £100m for a 15 league goals a season player who's main job is to score goals.

Big Nose scored 17 league goals last season.

So on the face of it they've just paid £100m for less goals than they got for free last season.

Snigger.
Lukaku scored 25 league goals in 37 games last season. And is only 24. He will score an absolute shed load of goals for the rags. His fee is ridiculous but the way you're twisting the stats to take an average including his teenage years, is totally misleading. He will compete for the golden boot every year.

If you take the same 5 year period from Aguero's career, from age 19 to 24, he was a 14.6 league goals per season striker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.