United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wanker who sells this match day ‘package’, that’s who!
showsonJPG.jpg
Any pathetic ramblings on City yet from this fat Stretford mess yet?

The MUEM have gone full Irish Manchester United reporter.

After the Bayern defeat.

Let's try and find a positive from a shite park the bus display.

*Man Utd lost vs Bayern Munich but Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof showed signs of a promising partnership*

Ciaran Kelly
@MENCKelly
Irishman reporting on Manchester United with the Manchester Evening News | Author of Jose Mourinho: The Rise of the Translator

Who in their right mind would pay someone £20 to show you which of the local pubs will have a decent atmosphere and go in there with a stranger
"So this is where we drown our sorrows after another 0-0 draw/6-1 drubbing" (take your pick)!

From the Cafe...........they are on the bones of their arses.......suck this in!!!

The mood in the RedCafe has felt rock bottom.

There have been various lows, but something about this feels like its consolidated to the worst I can remember.

In recent years we've had some shockers.

The SAF retirement was always going to be bad and Moyes sacking all the background staff then buying Fellaini for more than his original buy out clause was a pretty horrible way to end the summer. However, we had just won the Premiership so think optimism was reasonably good.

The Moyes year was a disaster, but bringing in LVG with a raft of signings felt like a step in the right direction. Getting Falcao and Di Maria felt like a muppet dream. Little did we know how that would end.

The second LVG summer was off the back of a 4th place finish and whilst the football was bad at times it felt like a believable 'process' and was a case of replacing old guard with new. Depay was the exciting potential signing, along with Martial. There was plenty of other signs for optimism albeit no huge confidence.

An FA Cup win, but 5th in the league set up the Mourinho summer as one where it wasn't a great season, but at least we had won something and were back on track.

The signings were promising and the challenging year ended with a poor league finish, but dominant control of Europa Cup and a league cup win. It felt like we had a platform to build. The transfers were half there, but Perisic was a loss albeit one we may have only come to realise with more time. Sanchez in theory should have more than made up for this.

The problem was having had some years of downs with then a few progressive signs the second half of last season was pretty awful. For all the money spent the football has arguably been worse than under Moyes and versus expectations maybe even versus LVG.

Results in pre season has been as bad as any I can remember, albeit heavily impacted by the world cup. The signings have actually been decent, but just not enough to address glaring holes.

On paper it feels like having come off a 2nd place finish, with a load of our players doing well at the world cup and with a strong signing to support Pogba and a great youth product we should be happier.

So is this the most depressing summer? And if so/ or not, then why?

I know pre SAF there will have been some shockers, no least the Munich air disaster year, albeit even that year had good camaraderie and support from other clubs.

I don't know what I'm trying to achieve with this, maybe just trying to draw some context, but the mood on here has sucked more than anything I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.