United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to get fucked senseless in the transfer market this summer.

It's ok rag in work says they've given ole quarter of a billion to spend and went on to say plus the £140 million they get for the show pony plus whatever bthey get for lumpkaku and the greedy one.
The queue of playing all waiting to sign will be like the one in Lidl in a Friday night.

It's ok rag in work says they've given ole quarter of a billion to spend and went on to say plus the £140 million they get for the show pony plus whatever bthey get for lumpkaku and the greedy one.
The queue of playing all waiting to sign will be like the one in Lidl in a Friday night.

I don’t think they will be spending much this year, or buying quality enough to have City or Liverpool concerned. They have an inexperienced manager overseeing a massive over haul which managers with better cvs in Mourinho and Van Gaal couldn’t do.

Talking to a couple of Utd. fans tonight and they brought up another total myth about City inflating the transfer market...I told them that they were talking rubbish. They wouldn't give up on it so we googled it and found out the following. In the biggest transfer fees list City actually don't appear until no. 18 with KDB....and Utd. are involved in 3 of the top 10 transfers. They went very quiet on this subject very quickly. Also Liverpool have been involved in 3 of the top 12 transfers of all time....and if you're talking about inflating the market then look no further than Coutinho's fee.

We haven't inflated the transfer market at all. The clubs who SELL the players for stupid amounts of money set the transfer fees, not us.

I don’t think they will be spending much this year, or buying quality enough to have City or Liverpool concerned. They have an inexperienced manager overseeing a massive over haul which managers with better cvs in Mourinho and Van Gaal couldn’t do.
Apparently ole is a work in progress, just look at the bounce when he took over. He has all the attributes to be a "great" manager quoted from * bitter/deluded (delete as appropriate) rag.

Maybe this is for next years United thread, but....
.. just had $10 at 1500/1 to get relegated , some may say wishful thinking , me I say a sound investment.

I've read somewhere that odds for City winning quadruple are 320/1. That looks solid.

It was his fault they were drafted in.

Magnier and McManus were the ones who got them on board as a “fuck you” to Ferguson after they hired a private investigator to pursue Ferguson and Gill after the fall out over that horse, The Rock Of Gibraltar.

The investigator found what they called “The 99 Questions”. They found 99 dodgy dealings and problems that Ferguson and Gill had done from the strange way certain sponsors were attained to the way they used certain agents with players to meetings with members of the FA/PL/UEFA.

Magnier and McManus posed the 99 Questions to Ferguson and Gill and they refused to answer a single one. So they sold United to the Glazers... and the rest is history.

Red Nose liked Magnier's wife though
fergie

BTW, one interesting qute from 2004 article at - https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-battle-for-the-rock-of-gibraltar-26717914.html

"Magnier's business model in horse racing was exactly the same as Ferguson's in football: have the money to buy up all the best players/horses and you're sure to win most of the prizes. That's the theory, anyway."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.