United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from them getting relegated this season couldn’t have been any better really. 2 derby wins, a clean sweep of trophies whilst they lurched from one crisis to another.

They even had that spell of false hope under Solskjaer, it was beautiful. Did you notice how little it took to get them all giddy again, replica shirts back out, mouthing off in the pub. Only for it to slowly dawn on them, he’s an absolute fraud, while we were putting together a 14 game winning run and cleaning up.

I’m not sure what my lowest point was, I don’t think it was York as I was already resigned to how shit we were. Maybe when Bury beat us at Maine Road. This season wasn’t even a dream back then, it was impossible. We were a joke and they were a juggernaut. 21 years it took to get here. We’ve turned 50 odd league places behind into a 32 point lead and I still want more. Fuck them.

Apart from them getting relegated this season couldn’t have been any better really. 2 derby wins, a clean sweep of trophies whilst they lurched from one crisis to another.

They even had that spell of false hope under Solskjaer, it was beautiful. Did you notice how little it took to get them all giddy again, replica shirts back out, mouthing off in the pub. Only for it to slowly dawn on them, he’s an absolute fraud, while we were putting together a 14 game winning run and cleaning up.

I’m not sure what my lowest point was, I don’t think it was York as I was already resigned to how shit we were. Maybe when Bury beat us at Maine Road. This season wasn’t even a dream back then, it was impossible. We were a joke and they were a juggernaut. 21 years it took to get here. We’ve turned 50 odd league places behind into a 32 point lead and I still want more. Fuck them.
The turnaround is truly astonishing, by any measure.

going to have a hell of a team next season........if you believe the bbc gossip page!!!
Fuck me I was just about to post the same. They're in for everyone. Not even like they have to sell season tickets as a report on the BBC the other day said they'd sold out of season tickets quicker than any other season......

When they started having that purple patch from Christmas through to March my boss came out with a belter that ‘United would have won the league if Solksjar would have been in charge from August’. I nearly fell off my chair in how stupid a statement it was.

There is nothing they can do in this window recruitment wise that would have me concerned they are a threat next season. Watch their activity and it will confirm what the Glazers intentions are, don’t compete and the money will still keep rolling in. Why should they spend shit loads on players when they’ve been burnt by what little return or recoupable value you get at the end of it eg Sanchez, Lukaku and Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.