United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the difference between them and us. When your fanbase comes from a spoiled twenty plus years of success, where almost everything was stacked in your favour, it is hard to accept the lean times. When your fanbase comes from thirty five years of predominantly failure, like us, we appreciate the good times but can deal with failure.

That's the difference between them and us. When your fanbase comes from a spoiled twenty plus years of success, where almost everything was stacked in your favour, it is hard to accept the lean times. When your fanbase comes from thirty five years of predominantly failure, like us, we appreciate the good times but can deal with failure.
can you imagine how suicidal theyd be if they ever got relegated ?

Another classic from the caf…………As sucessful as City are, can you honestly say it's entertaining to watch? Imagine going to the Etihad week in week out seeing the same thing over and over again. Possesion football, winning the ball back in the oponents own half, and then bulldozing them down until the inevitable happens and the first goal goes in. Repeating this again and again and the game ends up 4-0 to the home side. Same thing happens in the next match even if the line-up is different.
How entertaining is that?
Sounds good to me. Wish we could do it.

;-)

They were, I witnessed it, it was wonderful. A lad I knew rang me up in tears. I think my response stopped me having a career with the Samaritans, oh well.
Same here. When the ball went in, I shouted "they're down!" to a lot of disapproving looks from the rags around us in the cantilever stand paddock.

I think you should reapply to the Samaritans as you are, like me, older and more (ahem) mature.
On second thoughts, fuck that. I'd still piss my self laughing at their tears!

Just looked at sad cafes thread & could not get any further than OPs comment that he was not going to watch the rags ever again & first whinge was that money is ruining the game now.

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. At age 39 he must have been in a long coma.

YCNMIU

Sad Cafe - ironic that their biggest hit was Everyday Hurts

Showing my age :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.