United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking to a Swansea fan and he said he's a decent player but nowt special.

Pep praised him as well after our game against Swansea. He is certainly quick and a decent prospect.

Problem he has is that United are nowhere nowadays and.....hang on.

Changed my mind.

Probably an ok buy for a mid-table Premier league team.

So THAT makes sense.

I was speaking to a Swansea fan and he said he's a decent player but nowt special.
Ive seen a lot of him as I used to go down midweek to watch the Swansea u23s play if I was off work. That team is now pretty much thieir first team. That description is right. He is quick as fuck but can easily be played out of the game. He is tiny as well.

I think the problem with United is they veer from one extreme to the other constantly. Van Gaal's possession football to Mourinho. The biggest name, most expensive manager in the world to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Alexis Sanchez to Daniel James.

They needed to get away from Pogba/Sanchez/Ibrahimovic type signings, but (and I might get proven wrong obviously) I think they've gone way too far again and bought a kid who is miles away from the level they need. This kid should be going to a decent mid-table side like Leicester where he could try and develop some end product to go with his pace and dribbling, instead he'll probably have a United tenure like Wilfried Zaha's.

On holiday and just heard a couple of united fans round the pool say they'd signed James. I genuinely thought it would be the ex Bayern loanee. I think they do too from their comments on him being one of the best players in the world and shunning champions league football to crawl to stretford.

Not sure he will be a top player but they are taking a punt. However what is most revealing about this transfer is firstly they can't have scouted him for that long before making a rushed decision, so no change there of previous traits. Second, the fact they are aimaing at this level shows they know they can't compete for the best players right now, and third, I am now very convinced they have to sell big before they buy.

Oh and fourth, as if we couldn't guess, ole wants them to return to the Fergie blueprint of wingers, kick and rush. Pretty sure his team talks are just VHS recordings from the 90s and him going 'Ta-Da!'

Woodward said a few weeks ago funds will be made available and the united brand enables them to always compete big, but that wage bill is crippling them and nobody wants a lame nag.

I think the problem with United is they veer from one extreme to the other constantly. Van Gaal's possession football to Mourinho. The biggest name, most expensive manager in the world to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Alexis Sanchez to Daniel James.

They needed to get away from Pogba/Sanchez/Ibrahimovic type signings, but (and I might get proven wrong obviously) I think they've gone way too far again and bought a kid who is miles away from the level they need. This kid should be going to a decent mid-table side like Leicester where he could try and develop some end product to go with his pace and dribbling, instead he'll probably have a United tenure like Wilfried Zaha's.

As @DTeacher said, he’s gone to a mid-table side, though there’s nothing decent about the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.