United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you forgotten Wonderball?

I remember us singing this at Filbert St at a 0-0 FA Cup tie, and the replay saw a wonder goal from Gio?

We changed the lyrics of Wonderwall but I've forgotten most just remember the odd lines:

All the runs that Kinky makes are winding.....Your my Alan Ball!

The relevance of this is that fans want to believe in their own team, and enjoy their side. Rationality does not come into it. Mourinho is in the end game now because his CEO was stupid enough to make clear his lack of confidence in the media (leaks about transfers and football directors) and now every defeat will trigger a new crisis. We will have interminable sequences of he's got 3 games left to save his season / career and ultimately one such run will end in failure.

But Football osmetimes defies prediction. His supporters are probably reminded (if they are old enough) of Ferguson's crunch game at Forest where it was believed he was one game from the sack and Mark Robins saved him, or Howard Kendall at Everton when they went to Oxford Utd and a back pass set them up for a win and saved his job before they went on to become one of the best sides in Everton's history.

Hope is eternal and long may it be that way. 'It's the hope that kills us'.

Sadly Utd fans will never go through what we went through, but the flip-side of that is they will never the joy after 35 years of interminable despair and false dawns. They'll never be another Man City.

Last edited:
Most expensive players adjusted for inflation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ayer-Premier-League-history-bought-today.html

Shevchenko (AC Milan - Chelsea) £144.4m
Shearer (Blackburn - Newcastle) £125.1m
Ferdinand (Leeds - Man United) £121.7m
Pogba (Juventus - Man United) £117.7m
Veron (Lazio - Man United) £115.9m
Drogba (Marseilles - Chelsea) £115.7m
Torres (Liverpool - Chelsea) £115.5m
Essien (Lyon - Chelsea) £115.5m
Keane (Nottm Forest -Man United) £111.2m
Rooney (Everton - Man United) £103.6m

Article deleted.

have you forgotten Wonderball?

I remember us singing this at Filbert St at a 0-0 FA Cup tie, and the replay saw a wonder goal from Gio?

We changed the lyrics of Wonderwall but I've forgotten most just remember the odd lines:

All the runs that Kinky makes are winding.....Your my Alan Ball!

The relevance of this is that fans want to believe in their own team, and enjoy their side. Rationality does not come into it. Mourinho is in the end game now because his CEO was stupid enough to make clear his lack of confidence in the media (leaks about transfers and football directors) and now every defeat will trigger a new crisis. We will have interminable sequences of he's got 3 games left to save his season / career and ultimately one such run will end in failure.

But Football osmetimes defies prediction. His supporters are probably reminded (if they are old enough) of Ferguson's crunch game at Forest where it was believed he was one game from the sack and Mark Robins saved him, or Howard Kendall at Everton when they went to Oxford Utd and a back pass set them up for a win and saved his job before they went on to become one of the best sides in Everton's history.

Hope is eternal and long may it be that way. 'It's the hope that kills us'.

Sadly Utd fans will never go through what we went through, but the flip-side of that is they will never the joy after 35 years of interminable despair and false dawns. They'll never be another Man City.
And all the runs that gio makes are winding...
And all the goals that city score are blinding...
Ending with
Cos after all,you’re my Alan ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.