United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair bit of Rag revisionism in that article. Fails to acknowledge that the net spend under Ferguson was low because he had turned back into the shite manager he was when he first came down from Scotland in the 80's. It was him that made the quote "there's no value in the market". Mainly because he was signing shit players himself.
The Rags have spent plenty of money under the Glazers, they've just spent it badly. I used to think their fan base was turning Scouse but now I reckon they're turning full on Tarquin. They'll be singing "We want our Utd back" next.

Not long after he sold Ronaldo for £80m

Seriously, they are getting rarer by the day, and it's the kids that will accelerate their demise.
Unless they come from staunch Rag homes, where familial influence exerts control,those not under this jurisdiction
will attach themselves to success, they always do. My grandson, who's not shown any particular interest in football,
but is very active, wears football kits from virtually every team in Europe, in fact when he go's to his mums gaff in Spain,
he's been seen wearing a Real Madrid top, with Barca shorts, which gets some perplexing looks from the locals.
This 8 year old lad, has however, since birth, not been allowed a Rag kit, as I would immediately strip it off him
and burn it in front of him.
Obviously.
So he's now grown up happy with his various kits, and said the other day, ''Hey Grandad, I'm glad you forced my mum not to buy a
Man Utd kit, they're really rubbish aren't they?
''Yes lad, really rubbish, but make sure, when you grow up, whatever happens, you must never, ever, let your children
wear one of those, promise?''
''Yes Grandad, don't worry there's no chance.''

times are changing rapidly, on the plane back from Fuerteventura last week i must have counted 7/8 city tops on the plane,most of them kids of the age that they would not recall the days of us being shit,we do have an aging fan base all those regulars of the Maine Road 32k era are now getting on a bit 'me included',,i think our attendances would have been in trouble if we had not won the lottery, its great to see the kids sporting our kit even if they dont go

Everyone else may have forgotten about this image but I haven't
methode_times_prod_web_bin_3019f900-8a02-11e8-a0fd-e428ecc3ac12.jpg

Funnily enough, saw a tweet yesterday, Saints fan saying he had to work in Portsmouth the other day, walked past a few lads playing football, split between Portsmouth and City shirts.....mad isn't it?
Agree with this - only this week I’ve contacted a mate from Portsmouth and another from just outside Newcastle and both said their lads supported City instead of their respective local clubs!!

its really encouraging to hear this, but City must try and keep the young fans. local, national and internationally, we need to keep hold of the youngsters we attract to the club. to some young fans we are just a vessel to experience a bit of glory, but treated right they can become a huge fan base in coming years. the ageing fan base of a lot of clubs is a concern and the competition for young hearts and minds is brutally hard.

i want to see the day when we take international fans off the real madrids and bayerns, and barca... that is what we must be aiming for.

I'm pretty sure this is what our owners want, which is why they want the champs league so much
yep, that's the difference from being a giant of the national league to becoming a giant of the world. i would actually take the chumps lge this season over the lge championship. something i never thought i would say, but i want to fuck uefa and the eca over soooooo much, that i cant think of a better way to lance that boil than to beat them at their own cup comp, even with all the refs, var ****s, cartel clubs and greedy uefa top brass trying to stop us.

yep, that's the difference from being a giant of the national league to becoming a giant of the world. i would actually take the chumps lge this season over the lge championship. something i never thought i would say, but i want to fuck uefa and the eca over soooooo much, that i cant think of a better way to lance that boil than to beat them at their own cup comp, even with all the refs, var ****s, cartel clubs and greedy uefa top brass trying to stop us.
Fuck that. I won't even be watching our games in the Cartel League this season. Thought VAR might finally stop us getting fucked by jealous refs but even that hasn't stopped them so I'm out. League, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield and after that I'd put the Thomas Cook Trophy and the Joan Gamper slightly ahead of the International Champions Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.