United thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

[​IMG]

It's not a very competitive league, so top four is a possibility!

2. Ric

Ric

You have to laugh sometimes at the out and out shit posted on Red Cafe. Depressingly people lap this up and actually believe it:

3. TheThirdDeano

TheThirdDeano

Shit, we’ve been rumbled!

4. laserblue

laserblue

The original survey asked random people, among other things, if they ever watch the rags on TV. This of course ticked the box for every supporter of every other club who had ever watched MOTD. The company that carried out this bullshit reported to the rags that they'd extrapolated from their relatively small sample that the rags had 659 million followers worldwide. The club immediately changed the word followers to fans and another rag lie was born.

A while back someone posted a short article from Private Eye which tore this shit to shreds but I can't find it. Can anyone dig this out or maybe have a copy?

5. manchester blue

manchester blue

I went to a market in France yesterday. A stall was selling football gear. They had towels of Bayern, Barca, PSG, Real and City on display only. An indication of our increasing profile albeit a small one. What was funny though is on the Metro two lads tried to get on whilst the train doors were closing, one made it and the second one got his hand stuck in the door whilst still on the platform. He had a United top on and all I could do was laugh. Thankfully, for him, others managed to prise the doors enough to release him before it set off!

6. old blue

old blue

Possibly 16th May 2018 posted by MidlandsBlue in the Utd thread.

7. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

in a job I had for a few years in. Manchester, it involved taking a group of kids to the Swamp (different groups 3 times a year) for "educational purposes" through their football foundation. It was actually a good session (and the buffet was really good) apart from the cringeworthy promotional video of the club they would show at the beginning and then the woman introducing it always coming out with the 657 million and would follow it up with a "and x amount of million state that Manchester United is their second favourite team". During my first visit after she mentioned that and I kind of politely challenged it later (with my rag supervisor trying to change the subject) each time we went, when she was saying the 657 million etc she would look over to me and give a wry smile as she saw me smiling and shaking my head....

Last edited: 18 Aug 2019
  8. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

On several different threads I have mentioned how I switched from supporting Chelsea to City, I don't see anything wrong with that, if VAR carries on I will switch to another team, possibly Arsenal. What I do find amazing, no sad, is how a 'fan' could take the time to read their rivals match day thread ! I have never looked at Sad Caf, The Littlewoods one or for that matter any other club.

Oh and as a footnote, I may change who I support many times but will never support that sad sack of shit.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  9. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

i am banned from both red cafe and rawk.

some sensitive bastards about.

Fred_Quimby likes this.
  10. bluebrother55

bluebrother55

You obviously did some good.

BrianW likes this.