United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Again, it's a shame that I have to make comparisons to Manchester City, a club run for the good of football and not greed”

Great line!
4175361_color1-5c3b9069c9e77c0001c6c85f.png

He has reached the final stage regarding City.

Absolutely, wouldn't disagree with any of that. However, it's different now.
These days they need to have the poster boy (or boys). It isn't just image, or attracting some new fans, or even giving them an edge in getting that extra noodle partner, it's big, big bucks. The noodle money helps, obviously, but the new kit deal needs a star to hang it all on - or the deal goes sour. It's the same for the other big deals; shirt sponsor, training kit, etc. If United lose the icon and can't replace, it disturbs the foundations and likely has consequences down the line.
It seems logical to think this all comes about because, as you said, it's what United have set themselves up to be. Their DNA has evolved into a beast that needs feeding.
Is that the new slogan for the new Jurassic Park?

It looks like United want to keep Pogba and try to build something around him, but he's not having it.

Also, the way they play doesn't suit Lukaku, so he wants out.

Those are going to drag on this Summer.

But they need to buy 3 or 4 players @£50m each, with only a couple of weeks to pre-season.

Somebody mentioned 8/1 for Solskjaer to be first PL manager to be sacked.
Might be worth a cheeky fiver that.

Great read thanks for posting!

It’s unbelievable really, if you had to design a way to completely screw up a successful club united have followed it perfectly. It’s like reading about Enron or Barings banks. There’s just no simple solution for them either unless they get rid of the Glazers or somehow get very lucky with a whole new generation of talented young players that everybody else somehow overlooks. But football has changed so much that this is incredibly unlikely to happen now.

Our owners on the other hand just ooze class in everything they do on and off the field. Every transfer window we get who we need with minimum fuss and it’s on our terms. I love that we rejected players like Fred and Sanchez when we felt we were being taken advantage of. We don’t break our wage structure for anybody and there’s a whole generation of incredible young players coming along. Even a transfer ban or one year European ban wouldn’t particularly derail us.

We need to just enjoy our success, their decline and be very careful this doesn’t ever happen to us in the future.

Fair bit of Rag revisionism in that article. Fails to acknowledge that the net spend under Ferguson was low because he had turned back into the shite manager he was when he first came down from Scotland in the 80's. It was him that made the quote "there's no value in the market". Mainly because he was signing shit players himself.
The Rags have spent plenty of money under the Glazers, they've just spent it badly. I used to think their fan base was turning Scouse but now I reckon they're turning full on Tarquin. They'll be singing "We want our Utd back" next.

It looks like United want to keep Pogba and try to build something around him, but he's not having it.

Also, the way they play doesn't suit Lukaku, so he wants out.

Those are going to drag on this Summer.

But they need to buy 3 or 4 players @£50m each, with only a couple of weeks to pre-season.

Somebody mentioned 8/1 for Solskjaer to be first PL manager to be sacked.
Might be worth a cheeky fiver that.

I’m convinced he will be the first manager sacked. Primarily because he isn’t a real manager and secondly there aren’t any other contenders as far as I can see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.