United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shameless and aggressive brand promotion is the ideology for the rags with football actually being coincidental. Ole's piss poor brand of football being the proof of that. The Glazers must be absolutely delighted with their foresight in buying such a succesful cashcow and Ed more than deserving his money.

And this is possible with a seemingly endless number of gullible and lame brained lemmings who are happy to be fleeced for their " association and identification " with the club.

The continuous drive to keep their name at the forefront via the media , with their idea of " investment in the club " being to pay their media whores to keep them relevant ( Ashton's ) allied to haphazard recruitment, focussing more on splashing huge amounts on the " hype " players, rather than on what is needed for sound team development.

Every one of " the next best since ........" additions keeps their supporters believing that the golden days are just around the corner.

In awards for commercial exploitation and acievement, they are way out in front and that is what is keeping them where they are today.
The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports team in the world and win nothing.... Ed's masterplan....?

Seen something yesterday about him giving a pair of boots to some young lad. It's all good stuff, but everything, absolutely everything makes the papers/social media. I am cynical. I'm sure there are hundreds of footballers across the country doing good things, but they just do it and don't seek the media spotlight.
He reminds me of all these people filming themselves helping out a homeless person then posting it on social media for likes

I though this, too. It's all clickbait for the mindless drones who follow the club. The intention with it all is to try and maintain a higher social media presence than any other club - remember the Chilean miners thing a few years back?
It is no longer about football for them...hasn't been since the 1980's. The whole yuppy thing, Gordon Gecko, Del Boy falling through the bar, Filofaxes etc: that is when the rags began to distance themselves from sport and instead became a part of the entertainment industry. It's like Hollywood for the north of England.
If the rags thought for one millisecond that they could get away with it, next week, on Good Friday, they would have a ceremonious 'nailing to a wooden cross' for Rashford and the TV rights would bring them in a very handsome payout.
And in 1998 they removed the words "football club" from their badge

Full on trip to the swamp, all decked out in rag replica shirts / scarves

Poor fuckers.

First, they were trapped in a cave for days, then they were made to traipse around the swamp and watch the crappy team that plays there.

Then, to top it all off, they were forced to meet PEG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.