United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t think of a team of any note that’s called united and plays in Manchester?

There’s a united that plays near to Manchester, but you surely can’t mean that one as it’s not ‘in’ Manchester, it’s UK registered offices are in London and the club itself is based offshore in the Cayman Islands for the purpose of evading UK taxation.
Who mentioned where they played? Certainly not me. I was making the point that the poster was asking a question about Leeds United, whereas this thread was implicitly about Manchester United.

Well, that made my weekend for sure.
What the fuck that Pogba is supposed to be doing there is beyond me, how long has he been there now? All you ever hear is how great he is if, how talented he is when he's at it, he's just getting into his stride, just wait until he hits form, blah blah fucking blah. The Rags should have offed this strolling no mark years ago.

Give over. He's got 40m Insta followers.

You're right, but it's still baffling why Pogba's 'Profile' is considered some sort of treasured asset. There must be plenty of Rags around the world with his picture on their walls, such is this strange adoration of a player that's done anything but impress. It's like showing your teenage mates the pic of Gail Platt you've got on the wall and saying, 'Hot isn't she?'
Been searching high and low for a decent Gail picture, one that brings out her best bits, you got any i could use on my wall. Not often you come across (pun intended a fellow Gailaolic

This famous myth about playing an academy product in the first team is so fabled I'm convinced if they had an injury crises whereby there was no academy players available as far down to the reserves they would play some 16 year old apprentice just to keep the run going

This mythical bogus run claims that the rags have had an academy product in every matchday squad since the year dot, not that they've had one actually playing in every game. To keep this 'run' going all they have to do (and frequently have done) is to have just one on the bench without bringing him on. With 7 named subs now it's a piece of piss.

As an example of how much crap this claim is anyway they were counting O'Shea as the token academy player a number of times when he never went through their academy at all. He was signed as a 17 year old from Waterford Bohemians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.