United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
United seem to be playing draughts where everyone else is playing 4d chess.

1) we were good when we had a Scottish manager. Let's replace him with another Scottish manager.
2) we were good when we had a fast Welsh winger. Let's replace him with another fast Welsh winger.
3) we were good when we had youth team graduates. Let's get that one back from Italy

They are imprisoned by their own infantile understanding of their own mythology
Nail on head, it has been holding them back for years.......

Sancho clearly doesn't want to go to the rags. Remember when he wanted to leave us and go to Dortmund and refused to train. He hasn't done any of that. He should stay until all of the other big clubs have more money next season or the season after. Then he can go to Real, Barca, Bayern etc.

Sancho clearly doesn't want to go to the rags. Remember when he wanted to leave us and go to Dortmund and refused to train. He hasn't done any of that. He should stay until all of the other big clubs have more money next season or the season after. Then he can go to Real, Barca, Bayern etc.
But but but everyone wants to sign for Utd.
They're the "Worlds Greatest Football Club" (TM)
Every player in the world dreams of playing at the Theatre of Shite and would play for them for free.

I understand where you're coming from, but I have a different view. The banner doesn't bother me much, it was part of what made derby games great, it's the rivalry between 2 neighbours and the club supporting it was an indication that there was, buried deep in the depths of the commercial business, a teeny tiny bit of football soul remaining.

In the same way I was delighted by the Tevez welcome to Manchester campaign, that was our football soul shining through and it was fucking brilliant.

The day the banner had to come down was a victory for us, karma has bitten them at long last and it's our turn. I want us to milk it like they did.

The dippers on the other hand have no soul. Endless victims, despite being the cause of, or at least heavily involved in, most of the football disasters and despicable acts affecting English clubs in the past years. Heysel, Hillsborough, coach attacks, corporate espionage are obvious ones, I'm sure there are more (perhaps a thread "The Crimes of Liverpool FC" is worth starting?) I'll agree though that the individual misdemeanours of players from rags and dippers are on a similar level.

This, in a nutshell, is why I hate the dippers more than the rags these days, although if both fell off the face of the earth, other than a slight regret at the loss of the derby, I wouldn't miss either one bit
I watched the highlights, and I shall watch them again and again and again. Watching the rags suffer gives me a great deal of pleasure.

Slabhead is the biggest non-entity in football as far as I'm concerned. He has done nothing, absolutely nothing to justify his absurd price tag. He was slow to respond, frequently out of position, and was made to look less than mediocre by Palace's forwards.
Pogba was his usual self - he did fuck all. He made no telling contribution, and I would think hardly anyone noticed when he was subbed.

I don't like Hodgson, and I don't like the diving, prancing Zaha either. But last night I put aside my dislike for the two of them and joined the entire footballing nation in cheering their deserved victory.
Not a single thing to disagree with there bud, well said

Been searching high and low for a decent Gail picture, one that brings out her best bits, you got any i could use on my wall. Not often you come across (pun intended a fellow Gailaolic
Her pics are in huge demand mate, can't get them for love nor money anywhere now. The 2021 Gail Platt calendar has already sold out, edging out Kelly Brook and Kylie Minogue.

Helen Ashworth was in Doctor Who Colony in Space in 1971. She played a mousey haired timid girl who helped Jon Pertwee's Doctor against the evil Master. Story's an absolute snooze fest to be fair but very earnest.

Served Helen at an office near the Swamp about 15 years ago. She used her husband's surname and their home address was in London. Spoke if I recall with a posh accent. Didn't have the wherewithal to ask her about her appearance in Who.

Confound me optics but preferred Bev Callard. At the time, anyway!

She also had an uncredited part as a street urchin in the 1968 film 'Oliver'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.