United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught the last bit of their game last night. What struck me was a real lack of desire to win. They are quite a poor technical side and lack and passages of real play and hope for some individual brilliance. They don't seem capable of building attacks or moving the opposite team around.

Bias I know but we are a different level in every aspect to them. And it's not just chucking money at the team and having two teams to play as some would like everyone to believe.

And a sidenote I really can't stand that Mctominay. Reminds me of that Sid character from Toy Story.
sid-t-shirt.jpg

What a shout.

It was actually "If you can't talk proper shut your mouth" and I never quite worked out whether it was ironic or not.
I think that one actually was (or I hope it was)... it was the “you’ve never won fuck all” one that was never meant ironically.

United looked absolutely fucked last night. It wasn't about desire IMO, it was just a complete lack of energy to do anything about their situation. That is pretty normal this season and tbf we have seen City in similar circumstances. To and extent you could say that our performance against West Ham had similar problems, albeit we were fortunate enough to be clinical with our chances and were also playing at home.

I am not sure how United will respond on Sunday. It will depend largely on how much they can recover from the Palace game. This is where the lack of fans can work against you as well: even if you are away from home, having your scumbag MIB lot there can give you a boost when you're flagging.

One thing is for certain we should beat them, so long as our usual failings do not reappear (not being clinical enough and not putting the game to bed during the periods when we are well on top).

But as all City fans will know, anything can happen in a derby. I am still suffering from PTSD from when they turned around being 0-2 down in the centurions season (HOW THE FUCK???) but I can also remember a few wins in the 03-08 period when we turned them over with a far inferior team.

Anyway, fuck em. I say this before every derby but it feels like we are due an absolute mauling of United. I hope Sunday is that day. (cue being 0-2 down after 20 mins or down to 10 men or some BS like that).
Two 3-1s, a 4-1, and a 1-0 from 2002-2007.

That’s better than our last 5 year’s home results against them!

Let's face it, they were unable to score a Palace team which appeared to be unsure of which direction they were supposed to be attacking for large parts of the game.
There was no fog or mist. It was the steam from their own piss, and that of their billions of fans, boiling.
None of their front 3 managed a single shot on target in the whole 90 mins, yet the norwegian gnome sat there, totally inanimate, with a slightly nervous grin on his face, thought they were actually doing alright.
St marcus saw his halo slip and strangle him as he traded obscenities with Interpols most wanted. What an example to set for all those poor starving kids.
I thought the 'game' last night was very entertaining from our point of view.
Seeing them jogging around with no clue how to play a team that did not allow them to play hoof it, run fast and kick it hard was a joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.