United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never slag off what he's done off the pitch, good luck to the lad.
I'll always slag him off as a player though, he's fcuking shit
I don't have problems with Rashford's charity work but I believe he has turned into a "play-station" player, more famous for what he does on social media than on the pitch (the same as Pogba).
When he first arrived on the scene for England and United he looked an outstanding prospect but his career has gone backwards and may never recover. It is years since he had a good game against a quality team. He has suffered at the hands of poor coaching. He has no positional awareness on the field. Greenwood is going the same way.
In terms of career development for young players United must be one of the worst teams in Europe.

I don't have problems with Rashford's charity work but I believe he has turned into a "play-station" player, more famous for what he does on social media than on the pitch (the same as Pogba).
When he first arrived on the scene for England and United he looked an outstanding prospect but his career has gone backwards and may never recover. It is years since he had a good game against a quality team. He has suffered at the hands of poor coaching. He has no positional awareness on the field. Greenwood is going the same way.
In terms of career development for young players United must be one of the worst teams in Europe.
I like Greenwood alot, he'd be smashing numbers in the #9 for us . Shame.

Rashford hasn‘t kicked on, whether that’s because he’s reached his natural ceiling or not had any decent coaching is up for debate.

All he does now is cut in and hit the ball as hard as he can, generally when that isnt the best option.

Mourinho is a very volatile but circumstantially great manager. Were I in charge of United 3 years ago I wouldn't have touched him with a 10-foot-pole. Yet, he's been by far, the most capable manager you've had post Red Nose.

Ownership though - screws you.

You can change managers and players as much as you want - but until ownership wants to win the league and *backs* a manager 100% - United are screwed.

Players will figure out that the manager isn't backed all the way and some players will accordingly become lazy and entitled. Other players will be in it for themselves - and not for the team. If the manager isn't backed 100% they'll get away with this.

Typically - winning sides care about winning above all else to a man - trainers, players, managers and ownership are all in accord. There's a collective sense of "us" and "we" - and in a winning side, "we" want to win. In a twist of irony, "United" are anything but, "united."

At present, Manchester United are a blueprint for failure.
so ole going great guns on shoestring

Greenwood made his debut in 2018 but has not improved much since then. This season he looks like a shadow of the player he was. I have heard from a good source that the first team coaching set-up at United is a total shambles. They are destroying their young players. Funny how the media has not been demanding for Greenwood to be sent out on loan like they did with Phil Foden.

I've said on here a few times. His poverty as a child is massively overplayed. I didn't know him when he was young but knew his older sister and never once did it strike me that she was from a particularly poor background.
I used to work for a fella who often said, "never trust anyone who gives you the poor mouth. I was poor once and the last thing I ever wanted to talk about was money".
Not denying your personal experience - and of course, you'll know the situation better than I do- but you know, pride is a funny thing. People who have very little are very often the last ones to want the world to know that.

Rashford hasn‘t kicked on, whether that’s because he’s reached his natural ceiling or not had any decent coaching is up for debate.

All he does now is cut in and hit the ball as hard as he can, generally when that isnt the best option.

Good players in a shit side. I like Richarlison at Everton. I think he'd do well for us, quick and strong and wants to get in goal scoring positions. His finishing might not be good enough for the elite level but you would never know unless you give them a go. There is a limit to how good players will ever look in a mid table side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.