United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is in embarrassing overdrive. I don’t know why they do it to themselves, at least get a few games under rank rags belt before waxing lyrical about owt.

Weird as fuck how desperate they are
Not weird. They are chasing every Man utd and Liverpool click. It's a tag game. One journo will go after city, another will praise Utd to the sky, whilst another will be critical. They have multiple nets with different sizes, and cast them at different depths and some mugs fall for it.

The media had two useful purposes:

1) To inform,
2) to Challenge authority.

They are to be sunk, because they do the opposite.

Embarrassing all round the shitshow at the rags. Ragnick surprised at how well utd played in the first half, well fuck me a billion pound squad produces a good half of football. It's as though he's inherited a third division squad and has fuck all to work with, fucking embarrassing all round but that would only happen when it involves those wankers

I watched the Utd game. It was by any standard poor. You could see a big tactical change but you could also see Utd tiring a lot in the 2nd half. Palace could have quite easily taken a point.

What surprised me was not the clock-bait media response but the comments from Rangnick after the game when he lauded the Utd performance.

Rangnick needs time to get his ideas across to his players so it would be absurd to judge him on one game but my first impression was that this reminded me of Roy Hodgson at Liverpool not in terms of the style of football but the coach and the club.
Yes please

I watched a bit of the first half (the bit before half time) and it was a lot of hoofing over the top. I assume I missed the bit where they were pressing. Which makes you wonder how well they can keep it up over the busy Christmas period with players that are notoriously lazy at pressing.

A lot is made of our ability to press in the last minutes of the game, but they never mention that this isn't because our players are super fit (even though they are), it's because they've spent the previous 89 minutes passing it around the opponents and tiring them out.

By the sounds of it, the rags are going for the old Liverpool tactic of rushing out of the gates and trying to force mistakes, but not really having much of a clue if they don't score before they run out of puff. Although like Liverpool, they can always rely on a dodgy refereeing decision or an individual bit of magic to dig them out of a hole in a tight game.

I watched a bit of the first half (the bit before half time) and it was a lot of hoofing over the top. I assume I missed the bit where they were pressing. Which makes you wonder how well they can keep it up over the busy Christmas period with players that are notoriously lazy at pressing.

A lot is made of our ability to press in the last minutes of the game, but they never mention that this isn't because our players are super fit (even though they are), it's because they've spent the previous 89 minutes passing it around the opponents and tiring them out.

By the sounds of it, the rags are going for the old Liverpool tactic of rushing out of the gates and trying to force mistakes, but not really having much of a clue if they don't score before they run out of puff. Although like Liverpool, they can always rely on a dodgy refereeing decision or an individual bit of magic to dig them out of a hole in a tight game.
If that was the case surely the calls for Fred-aldiho to depose Messi of his crown would not have surfaced since Ole as left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.