United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without swinging the thread off kilter, I don’t think there was any intended racial undertones/overtones at all. I understand you might have a strong cultural attachment to the item, my son is currently wearing one to help grow his hair in a certain way! but in accusing somebody of racism you should ensure firstly they are being racist. The education you have just afforded 90% of the people on here is invaluable (and the best way forward) if you’d left it at that I’m sure he would’ve apologised & expressed a lack of knowledge, to the older crowd that is just a pair of stockings
A quick check of Wiki shows it to be a fashion item. It makes no mention of slavery. He looks like a tool and there is no reason to think that he isnt one.

No apology needed from anyone.

They floated on the stock market in 1991.
This outzide investment gave them the funds to invest in the most expensive squad ever assembled, pay for a new Stretford End (that they couldn't afford to develop for years before) and a platform to dominate for years.

The guy who negotiated their sponsorship with Chevrolet was fired because it was over inflated.
Their latest deal with Team Viewer is lower than the Chevrolet deal.

Saved from extinction twice by Sugar Daddies.
John Henry Davies was the first one and he gave them a free stadium that they still play at today (and they have the cheek to bang on about "the council house ")

Numerous handouts down the years to spend on the swamp from the taxpayer after WW2 and The FA prior to the 66 World Cup.

The only thing organic about that plastic club is the shit spouting from the mouthed of their deluded followers.
Debts paid off by City directors in 1930s. They were bankrupt and about to be replaced in the league by Manchester Central. We also donated kit, hence "rags".
If anyone knows the details, please post.

4 and a half seats.

Lingards:

Restaurant-High-Chairs-10.jpg
Sorry, the canteen is now actually this
1640791917610.jpeg
They also dont have a roomba, they have a dummyba to tidy up the mess they leave…

I really think Burnley getting three points tomorrow night is a distinct possibility.

They [Burnley] will be riled up by Klippety's comments and they will want to kick the arse out of Unite. Motivation sorted. United will be shit scared, will fail to put together a stream of passing, the crowd will be on their backs.... Burnley will smell the blood!

I’ve said this in previous post. Burnley barring cheating official will I’m convinced take points of these cunts

Its a durag... look Pogba is a total cnut but we don't need to make little snide remarks about black hairstyle/fashion/history....

Durags were popularized here in the states in the 30's (but started during slavery) as a way for black men and women to protect their hair during hard labor. After that it stuck around a sense of style and pride for young black men that continues today.

So yes, Pogba bad but lets leave out the racist bullshit, intended or not.
And what would Pogba know about hard work?

A quick check of Wiki shows it to be a fashion item. It makes no mention of slavery. He looks like a tool and there is no reason to think that he isnt one.

No apology needed from anyone.
Yep. Judging by the way he has chosen to represent himself in the photo, I think it is very reasonable to assume he is wearing the durag as a fashion item, rather than a statement on the transatlantic slave trade. It is also very reasonable to say that he looks like a complete idiot and to expect he would be mocked on here.

Thanks to the OP for the information, though. Never hurts to educate oneself in anything at all.

Yep. Judging by the way he has chosen to represent himself in the photo, I think it is very reasonable to assume he is wearing the durag as a fashion item, rather than a statement on the transatlantic slave trade. It is also very reasonable to say that he looks like a complete idiot and to expect he would be mocked on here.

Thanks to the OP for the information, though. Never hurts to educate oneself in anything at all.
People wear them to keep a certain hairstyle in tact ie weaves though I'd imagine most wear them for fashion. Surprised no ones mentioned his Jimmy Saville get up. Wouldn't be sitting near any candles anyway

I can only imagine it’s that ‘pretend gangster’ look. Give people the impression that he could pull it down over his daft napper and rob a bank at any moment . . then make his getaway in his white stretch limousine with pink Barbie doll interior.

He’s got a mental age of about 8, on a good day.

On behalf of my 8 year old grandson I’ll call you a cheeky ****

Without swinging the thread off kilter, I don’t think there was any intended racial undertones/overtones at all. I understand you might have a strong cultural attachment to the item, my son is currently wearing one to help grow his hair in a certain way! but in accusing somebody of racism you should ensure firstly they are being racist. The education you have just afforded 90% of the people on here is invaluable (and the best way forward) if you’d left it at that I’m sure he would’ve apologised & expressed a lack of knowledge, to the older crowd that is just a pair of stockings

Thats very fair, didn't mean to accuse anyone of racism, just of making shit remarks but I assumed most people knew of durags and thats was wrong too

but back on topic, listening to Rodney Marsh this morning just wring out Wreck-it-Ralph was just all too hilarious. He's been calling him an imposter since his first press conference with all that gengenp press bullshit. Calls out Ronaldo too for what he is. Good stuff from ole Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.