United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said "keep him happy and he wouldn't be a problem is far from how City do things,"

How is that even close to how we do things?

I dont understand? In what circumstances would Peps strikerless/hardworking/all or nothing approach to football have accommodated this lazy moaningself centered counterproductive Ronaldo?
If we signed him we would have kept him happy or worried that we hadn't.

We were told we were in discussions to sign him so it sounded like we were ready to accommodate this lazy moaning self loathing footballer. But had we done that I bet he would not have been counter productive. He'd have contributed lots of finishes to the rest of the teams hard working buildup.

Last edited:
Man Utd are not destined to fail. I prefer steady as she goes gradual decline rather than collapse because a collapse ends in radical action. They will eventually get their managerial set up right. There's nothing to say the Glazer ownership is doomed to fail.

I think Utd fans are despondent right now because the odds are that Rangnick is not going to be successful and that they will have to make yet another change in the Summer. I think he might drop Ronaldo now. That is what I would do. Better to fail trying to implement the football you believe in than get sacked trying to compromise.

We probably came scarily close to a Utd upturn when they had a chance to appoint Conte but they missed it.
I think they are in a long-term structural decline. The club is set up as if it was still the 1990s on and off the pitch. The Glazers' business model is based purely on growing the share price and taking as much cash as possible for themselves. I think they are ready to sell now but the buyers are not queueing up because, although the United brand is huge, there is not enough value for an investor. The Saudis could have afforded it but see Newcastle as a better long-term investment. United are the sports world equivalent of Marks and Spencer.

They're the MLS of England..All the old has been's flock there.
I despise the rags as much as the next man, but I do feel there’s a lack of consistency.

We all heralded 100 year old Captain Tom, and he received a knighthood, just for walking around a home, whereas the rags had Ronaldo and Cavani up front yesterday. They’re almost as old as the Captain was, but are being ridiculed for walking around the OT pitch?
To be fair. Tom was faster.

Just listened to Shaw's interview and he mentions with their quality they should be doing a lot better. Got me thinking about their squad and apart from Greenwood and possibly Ronaldo I wouldn't consider any of their players.

Greenwood has potential and in the future will be a good player imo. Ronaldo could be used as a striker and would score goals at City, but he is too much of a prima dona and could cause direst in the squad.
I have yet to be impressed by Greenwood. I wonder if he was at Watford or somewhere would anyone even notice him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.