United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of their big problems is the fact they have this long running record of an academy graduate starting in every team for however long it is

Hence now, at least one of Greenwood, Rashford and McTominay MUST start and objectively none are good enough for a team wanting to win things so they’re immediately carrying a player not good enough

Add to that other players that are also shite with no tactical intelligence and you have a problem
Don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s just having a homegrown player in every matchday squad rather than the starting XI.

Baffles the life out of me that so many fans and so-called expert journalists don't understand how this works (or refuse to acknowledge it for 'bants').

Nike don't pay millions and millions of dollars in shirt sponsorships to just let the clubs pocket all the cash from sales, effectively losing money on every sale while the club gets paid twice.

Shirt sales go to the sponsor. A club signing X megastar doesn't "recoup that back in shirt sales" no matter what Dave in 'Footy Bantz group' on Facebook says.
A typical arrangement is the manufacturer takes all the money from sales until the sponsorship amount is reached. At that point, if it ever comes, the club will get a negotiated share of sales thereafter.

He’s their Terry Cooke. Although to be fair to Terry, he tried his best at City and didn’t do too badly, in a dreadful side.
He must look across the City at our Phil, see 4 or 5 other youth players on the bench every week, getting minutes occasionally in the best footballing side in the history of the English game, and think “what the fuck have I done?”

Fuck him. Little shithouse.
I guarantee he doesn’t. He’s an horrible little chav with a shocking attitude. These people don’t know they’re born.

Yea, I'm not seeing this world-beater squad that they should be challenging.

Their best five players in no order are De Gea, Pogba, Fernandes, Ronaldo and Varane. Yet they are all flawed--

De Gea: Great shot stopper, but not a modern goalkeeper that can play off his line.

Ronaldo: 37. He's a type of player that'd actually be even more invaluable if he was willing to be a side kick. The irony is that in needing to be the main man, he both weakens the team and reduces his own effectiveness.

Fernandes: Most talented in the team, but zero workrate.

Pogba: Will literally only play when he feels like it. So for France he's a stud, and once in a while he feels like running a bit for Man U, but otherwise strolls about. And lol they put up with it. Strange. But also don't they think other players won't see that?

Varane: Ok, he's solid and dependable, and closest they have to an elite player in their position that doesn't have a major negative.

Greenwood's overrated, he's also good but I wouldn't say he blows other teens in the country out the water. And these are their best players.

I've been saying you need three things--the right manager; the good and right players; and a coherent setup BTS (are the suits and the fans and the coaches in sync?). They needed to get rid of Ole, to stop the hemorrhaging there sure, but the other two areas also urgently need addressing too. And neither can be addressed now really because they have an "interim" manager so they have to wait until summer, and I suppose the players know that too. Anyway, they can wait forever for all I care.
you say varane is solid and dependable, he really isnt, he has 2 big mistakes a game in him and has for years , very overhyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.