United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that Greenwood is to the attack what McTominay is to the midfield.

One of their big problems is the fact they have this long running record of an academy graduate starting in every team for however long it is

Hence now, at least one of Greenwood, Rashford and McTominay MUST start and objectively none are good enough for a team wanting to win things so they’re immediately carrying a player not good enough

Add to that other players that are also shite with no tactical intelligence and you have a problem

Remember back to when we wanted Pep to start but he wanted a year off. Pellers was given an extended contract but everyone knew the score.
The players underperformed knowing Pellers wasn't going to be there long.
It's the same at the swamp now (yippee) They know he will be gone at the end of the season so why bother.
With Pep we had no choice, these clowns did but as usual they made the wrong one by not immediately appointing a full time manager.
If they want to attract the best managers, the players should be pulling up trees trying to show their value. Downing tools and looking like slapped arses will continue to hurt them.

For me, the greater issues lie beyond the manager and players and the board need a long hard look in the mirror and make unpopular decisions.

They won't, which is great news.

If they want to attract the best managers, the players should be pulling up trees trying to show their value. Downing tools and looking like slapped arses will continue to hurt them.

For me, the greater issues lie beyond the manager and players and the board need a long hard look in the mirror and make unpopular decisions.

They won't, which is great news.
The funny thing for the rags is they are far more likely to go another 10 years without winning the league, than win it again in the next 10 years.

What are their prospects? The current generation of young world class players will have grown up having only known united as being a rotting corpse and not the world beaters they were in the 90s and early 2000s.

Why the fuck would any half decent young player want to go there? Sancho sums them up - if he had any stomach about him he'd have stayed at city, behaved himself and worked to get in the first team, but he didn't.

I was completely convinced, PB, that our day would come. I just needed to live to a ripe old age while hanging on to my romantic delusion that City would be great again. Mirabile dictu, it came to pass and, even more amazing, I am still alive. Just hanging on for the champs league now.
I'm waiting with you although if we don't get it the last decade have made me a very happy man. After putting my lads through loads of crap from the early 90s and feeling sorry for them and guilty at myself for it, the Kun moment was special indeed.
My only grandson is only 3 and got the kit but it would be great to see him fully understand what it means to win a major trophy. League will do but CL would be a good start to serious support that started with his great granddad in the mid 1920s.

One of their big problems is the fact they have this long running record of an academy graduate starting in every team for however long it is

Hence now, at least one of Greenwood, Rashford and McTominay MUST start and objectively none are good enough for a team wanting to win things so they’re immediately carrying a player not good enough

Add to that other players that are also shite with no tactical intelligence and you have a problem
Good point. So whoever manages them has to have De Gea in goal (heaven help them if he ever gets injured), Ronaldo, and any one of Rashford, Greenwood or McTominay. So he is selecting eight players effectively, each game. What self-respecting manager is going to agree to go there under those constraints? No elite one, that's for sure.

The funny thing for the rags is they are far more likely to go another 10 years without winning the league, than win it again in the next 10 years.

What are their prospects? The current generation of young world class players will have grown up having only known united as being a rotting corpse and not the world beaters they were in the 90s and early 2000s.

Why the fuck would any half decent young player want to go there? Sancho sums them up - if he had any stomach about him he'd have stayed at city, behaved himself and worked to get in the first team, but he didn't.
He’s their Terry Cooke. Although to be fair to Terry, he tried his best at City and didn’t do too badly, in a dreadful side.
He must look across the City at our Phil, see 4 or 5 other youth players on the bench every week, getting minutes occasionally in the best footballing side in the history of the English game, and think “what the fuck have I done?”

Fuck him. Little shithouse.

Wio led the rebellion against the manager Moyes over the banning of ketchup.

Wio led the chorus of "Ole's at the wheel" to get his team mate to become the permanent manager.

Wio cheerleading the signing of Jaded "he has a care free attitude" Sanchez.

Wio taking the credit for PR37 return to Old Scaffold.

Wio, the ultimate mole.
v63gjVo.gif

Wio led the rebellion against the manager Moyes over the banning of ketchup.

Wio led the chorus of "Ole's at the wheel" to get his team mate to become the permanent manager.

Wio cheerleading the signing of Jaded "he has a care free attitude" Sanchez.

Wio taking the credit for PR37 return to Old Scaffold.

Wio, the ultimate mole.
v63gjVo.gif
More of a worm than a mole if we are going down the route of underground creatures ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.