United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey. Who'd have thought even 15 years ago that we'd be the consistently successful club in the city, winning trophies pretty well every season, managed by the best coach on the planet and winning games at the death. While they'd be the comedy club.

Perhaps we bought that famous 'united DNA' which explains why they can't seem to find it.
I won't be happy until they are relegated.

Remember back to when we wanted Pep to start but he wanted a year off. Pellers was given an extended contract but everyone knew the score.
The players underperformed knowing Pellers wasn't going to be there long.
It's the same at the swamp now (yippee) They know he will be gone at the end of the season so why bother.
With Pep we had no choice, these clowns did but as usual they made the wrong one by not immediately appointing a full time manager.
Interestingly though, however much we might disagree with their strategy it does work for Chelsea.

Players, managers, staff and fans there all know the score - whoever the manager is, they'll be sacked in 18 months.

Yet while they might have the odd bad season or two, they've been consistently winning shit since Abrahamovic took over.

Maybe the fact they are so unstable at the top, in its own weird way, adds stability. The uncertainty is the only thing that is certain...

Haha Adnan Januzaj? God he was shite.

I might be wrong but pretty sure he ended up at Sociedad with Moysey?

I remember the embarrassing, almost homo-erotic, hagiography written by Patrick Barclay about this guy and which has been posted on here numerous times (but I can't find it right now).

At the time "Paddy" Barclay was a respected sports journalist but that article, which, in my opinion, must have been written less than impartially, effectively trashed his reputation.

May have got missed in the chaos of them getting beat again last night but the Glazers have decided to recoup £11m this Friday:

You love to see it.

"We got you Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane...AND you celebrated it...so let us have our money."

Fair enough I suppose.

They have been able to finance on field as well as off field transactions from profits.

We are fortunate that our owners continue to solely invest rather than splitting profits between the 2 options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.