United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember enjoying watching a united victory like thst. I mean they were so shit it was hilarious. They're most dangerous players being mctominay Shaw and degea. When rashford stood still next to the flailing keeper I think thst epitomises everything thst is wrong at unitrd. Star player on 200 grand cant shift 1 metre to pounce on a loose ball he's staring right at. Beautiful stuff. Fucking hate villa anyway so sod the result

You clearly don't understand the business and money side of the game.

Yes, in footballing terms united are shit and a relic of yesteryear, but in terms of global commercial appeal and revenue generation they are still huge earners, for themselves and more importantly for the FA, the PL, the broadcasters and the media.

It's only the occasional blatant VAR decision such as last night that highlights the favouritism they receive, what goes unnoticed is the constant low level, insidious favourable officiating they receive in every game.
How do you reconcile that fact that united have been (relatively) shite for a decade and yet the PL ‘product’ has substantially grown in that time; a period where we have dominated, albeit not overwhelmingly so.

If united’s success was as key to the performance of ‘the product’ as you appear to believe, how do you explain the the increasing hegemony of ‘the product’ in the absence of that success (relatively speaking).

It is undeniable that the PL has been considerably more successful as a ‘product’ following our takeover in 2008, than it was before.

Maybe united’s success isn’t quite as important to ‘the product’ as you appear to think.

Last edited:
You can clearly see the vast improvement in the mighty red machine - especially just before freds cross someone in a German accent was heard to say "" Give it to Gordon "

I abstain from our WhatsApp (me, armchair rag, armchair Chelsea with City leanings when we were poor & Armchair Bury with rag leanings) group from discussing the rags but, last night I broke ranks...

Armchair Chelsea .....worst rag team I've ever seen since I started watching football since 1970

Reply from Armchair rag.....We are far from on form, makes you wonder how bad & who had Covid

Me......Hmmm Has Covid been around for 10 years then?

That was the last post last night, all went silent.

I was surprised Phil the Face didn’t start again. After all the praise he got for his losing performance against Wolves. It made me laugh, it was like he was 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.