United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
United were awful last night. Make no mistake, Rangnick is on borrowed time. You only had to look at the faces of the players, it's like they were working a long shift at McDonald's on Saturday night rather than playing football in the FA Cup. He is clearly annoying the players and they aren't buying into what he's trying to do.

As for VAR, it's a disgrace and should be scrapped. It's meant for clear and obvious errors and if you have to spend 4 minutes checking, it's not clear. They tried for offside then went for obstruction. If it wasn't that, it would be something else and it's clearly killing the game - look at Gerrard when it went in. He knew it would be VARd. Goals should be exciting, not subject to microscopic, scientific details. Honestly, I just think back to the Aguero goal...

VAR has set a precedent now that all blocks from free kicks and corners that result in a goal will be disallowed. Look at the one I think Ake scored recently where Dias blocked off a defender and one or possibly two of the goals against Leicester were from blocks.
Cavani was in a poor position defensively and wouldn't have got anywhere near his man. There was also another block in the middle on Lindaflop. only difference is that he didn't go down screaming like a child. Villa had obviously worked on that free kick, only issue that they didn't take into account was VAR. Had they have been winning by two or three I suspect the goal would have been allowed. And of course the other issue is that VAR is only operating at PL grounds so if we had scored or conceded that goal against Swindon it would have stood. You can't have different laws for different teams in the same competition, it's so wrong.

At the end of the day the PL is firmly in the pockets of the broadcasters and as far as global broadcasting revenue is concerned and without even looking up the figures I'm willing to bet that, regardless of how shit they've been in recent years, united are still far and away the biggest (English) global revenue generators for said broadcasters.
As a single entity, I agree. I’m just not sure individually they are as important to the PL as you appear to think.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-announce-3billion-deal-881297

League chief executive Richard Scudamore unveiled the stunning deal which will see income from domestic live rights rise to a staggering £3.018billion when the three-season deal begins next year, giving clubs a huge helping hand in their fight to meet UEFA's Financial Fair Play requirements.

Last season's remarkable ending, with Manchester City winning the title with the final goal of the entire campaign, created the perfect storm for the bidding process......

Scudamore revealed the thrilling climax to the recent season contributed to the increase.
Massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.