United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game last nite and its the 4th time I have seen them this season they are an utter shambles. Maybe its cause I pretty much only watch city but utd are awful on the ball half the team can't play a simple 10 yard pass under no pressure. They have a ton of talented players (none I would have at City) but they seem to turn up on match days and play like its a training session no effort and terrible decision making. It must physically hurt pep to have to watch that sloppiness when he is scouting them.

The VAR Match Commander also. Don't forget the match commander was the guy who told the VAR official that the blatant foul on Foden v Southampton wasn't a penalty when it was about as blatant a penalty you'll ever see.

VAR shambles as chiefs with NO football experience 'overruling Premier League referees at Stockley Park' https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...dium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp
I'm not disputing that they are all shit. I agree. I'm saying it's not deliberately rigged by match officials.

haha so Rashford might have mental illness troubles? What a fkin insult to those that HAVE got mental health issues, real issues.

The guy needs a kick up his expensive arse and told to earn his money. And set a good example to those kids he generously helps.

Not really sure what the issue is. He’s always been shite. He’s just being shite. He really always has been just a very ordinary player.

I watched the game last nite and its the 4th time I have seen them this season they are an utter shambles. Maybe its cause I pretty much only watch city but utd are awful on the ball half the team can't play a simple 10 yard pass under no pressure. They have a ton of talented players (none I would have at City) but they seem to turn up on match days and play like its a training session no effort and terrible decision making. It must physically hurt pep to have to watch that sloppiness when he is scouting them.
I don't think they have many talented players. I think they have a lot of technically poor players. They gave man of the match to McTominay after United were overwhelmed in midfield for 80 minutes. It is like the story of The Emperor's New Clothes. No one wants to be the first to tell the truth about the quality of their squad.
Greenwood and Rashford are a million miles away from Foden and Palmer in terms of ability. Lindelof is a Championship-level player and so is Fred. The team is a myth.

I don't think they have many talented players. I think they have a lot of technically poor players. They gave man of the match to McTominay after United were overwhelmed in midfield for 80 minutes. It is like the story of The Emperor's New Clothes. No one wants to be the first to tell the truth about the quality of their squad.
Greenwood and Rashford are a million miles away from Foden and Palmer in terms of ability. Lindelof is a Championship-level player and so is Fred. The team is a myth.
The game passed the 'MOTM' by for most of the second half. Dublin clearly took a leaf out of mad Garth's book and gave the award to the goal scorer, despite his only real contribution to the game being his 8th minute header.

Last edited:
Are there any clips of the bloody nose incident?
I didn't see it and it seems to have been entirely ignored in all match reports.
I find it hard to believe that an entirely innocent and accidental ''coming together'' in the penalty area resulting in the attacking player ending up with a blooded nose wasn't the result of a foul.
Nothing doing really. A flailing hand, as much as I’d love to say they got away with it, it was rightly ignored.

If everything is fine and dandy why is Neil Ashton briefing his media pals that rag directors think St Marcus is more concerned with his PR than playing football?

City have grown hugely in the US in recent years and our CFG sister club (New York) becoming US Champions will not do us any harm.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think the reflected glory of a CFG owned entity is much more vibrant and acknowledged on your side of the pond. The City US fanbase is considerably more vested in Manchester City than NYCFC. Should we continue on to win trophies in England and potentially Europe, there will be much more joy over the success of MCFC than that of NYCFC winning the MLS Cup.
City supporters over here are much more concerned about the parent club than any of its children.
Just my opinion as a Yank, but I think that a Portland Timbers fan can't be bothered or concerned with CFG investment in the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.