United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo scored 101 goals in a Juventus shirt, crowned with two league titles, one Coppa Italia and two Supercoppe. As Luigi Garlando wrote in La Gazzetta dello Sport: “In three years, CR7 amassed the numbers of a normal human’s entire career.”

Juventus are currently doing a squad re-build, and Ronaldo at this stage of his career is the cherry on top of a ready made cake, not the player you need to build your team around, especially with only a year left on his contract. This is why a short deal at City/United was quite enticing for both clubs. He guarantees goals, trophies and success. He demands it. Who doesn't want a bit of that?

What happens if he doesn't get what he demands? ;)

Juventus were less successful in the champions league after signing him.

Just like Sweden and Ibrahimovic, they were a better team without him.

His numbers were impressive, but Juve scored less goals overall, and Ronaldo took a hell of a lot a shots each match. If he's creating those chances himself, then that's not too bad, but given he was statistically one of the least mobile players in Europe, there's a worry (for United fans - not for me - ha!) that he's sucking up chances from the rest of the team, without having an especially impressive conversion rate.

Now, there were other things going on with Juve while he was there, which could have affected their numbers, but I've seen quite a few of their supporters who (while excited that he played for them), weren't too sad to see him leave.

If I had to bet on his impact, I'd say it would be similar to Cavani - very impressive, but not a total game changer. Ronaldo may get higher numbers than Cavani did last season, but I suspect only if he nicks pens from Bruno, and there's pressure to give him a lot more minutes.

Juventus look lost as post-Ronaldo era begins with Empoli embarrassment​

3359.jpg

Empoli players celebrate their first-ever Serie A away win over Juventus at full time. Photograph: Massimo Pinca/Reuters

Yet, you were trying to sign him only last Friday, and 85% of the people on this forum wanted him to come, according to your poll.

Just because some of us thought he could do a job as a stopgap for us, who are short on strikers, playing for the best coach in the world doesn't follow that we think he is a good signing for you, who are stocked with strikers playing for Ole fucking whatever his name is.

Oh and we would not have paid Juve a fee, nor paid him the salary your muppets have handed out.

Juventus look lost as post-Ronaldo era begins with Empoli embarrassment​

3359.jpg

Empoli players celebrate their first-ever Serie A away win over Juventus at full time. Photograph: Massimo Pinca/Reuters
Well that's me told.

I mean what use is a post that has information about his strike rate, mobility stats etc., when there's a single defeat to discuss?

Yet, you were trying to sign him only last Friday, and 85% of the people on this forum wanted him to come, according to your poll.
That's a Rag twat mentality right there.
We were offered him, we were his first choice. We weren't willing to smash our wage structure to get him so when the sad sad micro dicked contingent from utd started fucking begging him in national papers and radio broadcasts not to sign for the champions the even smaller micro dicked manager went all in and offered him miles more than anybody else was daft enough to pay him.
The 85% on here who wanted him should hang their heads in shame though my guess is many are newer fans who like shiny new things.
Myself, I called his signing for your shithouse club the minute he was linked with us because that's how you roll these days and that's why you're fucking shit.

One thing that would concern me is the lack of work rate that is being brought into this United team. Pogba doesn’t seem to have zero graft about him is now potentially having another passenger into the starting 11 who won’t press. You have to have a team that will work from the front in modern football, it would concern me if I was a rag that they’ve bought someone more to drag the share price up than sporting reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.