United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider the huge growth in football and sponsor revenues in the last decade it's a terrible figure. My only concern is that it may encourage someone with deeper pockets than the Glazers to try and buy the club. That's the last thing we would want. The slow death of MUFC has been the icing on the cake during our recent period of success.
No matter how many shares a rich billionaire bought, he would never own the club. They are not those sort of shares.

Correct, while they can suck the profit out, they're not selling.

Now for anyone to give them a price that makes it worth them selling, they'd be looking upwards of 5 BILLION ! Chelsea just sold for 2.5 PLUS an extra guarantee of 1.5 in 'extra' investments. And the Chelsea buyers don't inherit a debt ! and have a better quality squad at this moment in time.

Nobody is buying a mid-table team that needs significant investment, is carrying almost 1/2 a billion in debt, and needs a new stadium .... and will not be able to do it as a leveraged buyout (like the Glazers did).

Unless they get lucky with youth, player aquisition and Ten Old Hags, resulting in a top four finish, they're well and truly F.U.C.K.E.D
This is music to my ears and I hope you are right. The Chelsea price makes me wonder what City would be worth these days.

I imagine when the fixtures are announced that their first five games are all at home and against Yeovil, Torquay, Newport, Wrexham and Havant & Waterlooville
Fuck me that's a tough set of fixtures for them to start with. They'll be doing well to get a win and a couple of draws out of that.

The press and media will of course lap it up if they have a half decent start, look at this season at the start Ollie was a genius and Ronaldo was making them into genuine title contenders than as was predicited here it turned to shit. As it will with this new lad and it wont change as long as fergie is around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.