United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember laughing my head off about 3 games into the season when Martin Samuel wrote that it was now unlikely that united would ever be above City in the league this season. Come 10pm on Wednesday night that will more than likely no longer be correct. Oh for those halcyon days of Alice crying into her computer in her hospital ward. Bizz

Fuck me, we could easily be locking horns with untied seeing as tenbob's got a tune out of most of his rabble. They are on a role and unfortunately so are we, just the opposite way round. If Pep doesn't turn it around soon we're in trouble...having said that, we've turned it around before but this time I feel it's different. I think too much emphasis is being aimed at The Viking atm and I'm hoping he's not having the same effect CR7 had down the road.

As much as I hate the Scum - somehow ten Hag has the backing of management to make big decisions without chance of management rebuke. As a result - he's gotten rid of the rot, has instilled a sense of team and a commitment to excellence - and his influence on signings means he largely has had the squad he wants.

A reluctant kudos goes to ten Hag - United are top 4 this year for sure IMO... barring some sort of upper management major debacle (which judging from years past might well occur).

As much as I hate the Scum - somehow ten Hag has the backing of management to make big decisions without chance of management rebuke. As a result - he's gotten rid of the rot, has instilled a sense of team and a commitment to excellence - and his influence on signings means he largely has had the squad he wants.

A reluctant kudos goes to ten Hag - United are top 4 this year for sure IMO... barring some sort of upper management major debacle (which judging from years past might well occur).
Sadly - Chelsea and Liverpool downing tools has gifted them top 4.

For years fans on here have banged on about Liverpool. I was more than happy for them to be 2nd year on year and i'd give them the odd title if it menas the rags are outside the top 4. I'd say the same for Chelsea, Arse, Spuds, Newcastle. We are lucky Arse and Newcastle are having good years or the rags would have a very good chance.

Ive always thought rags are the long term threat. In the age of FFP the ability to generate cash is the foundation for long term success.

Sadly - Chelsea and Liverpool downing tools has gifted them top 4.

For years fans on here have banged on about Liverpool. I was more than happy for them to be 2nd year on year and i'd give them the odd title if it menas the rags are outside the top 4. I'd say the same for Chelsea, Arse, Spuds, Newcastle. We are lucky Arse and Newcastle are having good years or the rags would have a very good chance.

Ive always thought rags are the long term threat. In the age of FFP the ability to generate cash is the foundation for long term success.
We'll see. Not clear to me how much backing Klopp has at Liverpool... but Klopp is class. And Liverpool has a bunch of talent. I expect them to challenge for a top 4 spot next year - but who knows.

As for Chelsea - new owner. Not sure how much he's willing to invest. The current squad isn't up to a title challenge - maybe motivation is at fault - maybe talent - not sure.

United have issues..........

Their two better players Varane and Casemiro are both 30, hardly ones for the future

Their wage bill is mega and has to be reduced, expect at least 6 to go this summer

Ten Hag has said the max salary should be £200kpw, and has asked De Gea he must take a cut. That rules them out of the signing of the likes of Jude Bellingham. Hopefully the Glaziers sell to fellow Americans.

United have issues..........

Their two better players Varane and Casemiro are both 30, hardly ones for the future

Their wage bill is mega and has to be reduced, expect at least 6 to go this summer

Ten Hag has said the max salary should be £200kpw, and has asked De Gea he must take a cut. That rules them out of the signing of the likes of Jude Bellingham. Hopefully the Glaziers sell to fellow Americans.
Agree.

Yet as much as I hate the Scum - one has to admire what ten Hag has done. Team chemistry is high - drive and motivation are present - and he's gotten rid of all the bad apples in the squad (Ronaldo, Pogba).

It's not clear how much support from upper management ten Hag has - the Glazers apparently are willing to sell the club - how much motivation for squad improvement do they have under the circumstances.

United are probably top 4 this year - next year?... who knows.

Agree.

Yet as much as I hate the Scum - one has to admire what ten Hag has done. Team chemistry is high - drive and motivation are present - and he's gotten rid of all the bad apples in the squad (Ronaldo, Pogba).

It's not clear how much support from upper management ten Hag has - the Glazers apparently are willing to sell the club - how much motivation for squad improvement do they have under the circumstances.

United are probably top 4 this year - next year?... who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.