United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure what would be in it for Ratcliffe? He'd be buying at the top end of the market, and will need to invest heavily in the infrastructure of the club. Evidently he's not that big a United fan if he's held a Chelsea season ticket. Not sure he's going to be the sort of sugar daddy benefactor that many United fans want either. He's obviously an astute businessman, but the Glazers (and FSG) mustn't think there's much more cash to be squeezed out of the clubs now that the Super League is dead in the water. It'll be interesting to see if he's serious about bidding.
Ric

Agree here. And In my experience, many times an expression of interest does not lead to an asset actually being purchased by that party. So much depends on what the Glazers want, who else is interested and whether or not the final deal means the Glazers sell outright.
Forget the press and fan excitement and speculation. Some serious buyers move very quietly.
Whatever happens it’s a shame. I will have to take down my Glazer shrine. Thanks Yank baldies for 10 years of personal sports fulfilment I never thought I would get In the late 80s - early 90s.

Brady will soon be a pauper. He is being sued in a class action by investors in FTX a bankrupt crypto currency platform. The cause of action is that Brady did not declare he was being paid when recommending FTX, contrary to US regulations.

The TV contract he has signed is bigger than any of his playing contracts: $375m over 10 years. He will be paid big bucks for TV work for as long as he wants it.

He is worth around 12.5b is he really going to spend at least a 3rd of his wealth on his second team? Think it more likely he will do it the glazer way none of his own money! Banks banks and more banks will be buying them!

Is Ratcliffe a married man? Might take a bit of explaining to the Mrs when she checks the joint account and sees a third missing 'cos of his 'hobby'....

Admittedly losing to them cunts made my blood boil.

Also, It was nice to have that wake up call getting beat by them and realising just how much I hate the cunts...I think alot of us have forgotten ourselves somewhat regarding the Rags.

The passion of hatred towards these scummy bastards is well and truly back.
Yes normal service is resumed with the rags as the scousers fade into the background again for the next 30 years.

It will be interesting to see how much of his own personal wealth down to buy them. He’s apparently worth around £20 billion, buying te rags and significantly investing in the stadium and other infrastructure will probably take the price past £7 billion. Will he get onto the bank and mortgage it instead, another owner pushing them back into the red?

You can’t knock the Glazers for not spending as they have done more than any club, they never got the football side of things right since 2013. Radcliffe needs to make sure he gets that right, he’s hardly pulled up trees with the current club he owns in Nice who are currently mid table in the French league.
I'm sure I heard on the radio before that the Glaziers were valuing the club at £8billion.

Glaziers are playing an absolute blinder again.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.