United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you could be right but if we on and score 2/3 goals referees can’t do anything with the possession we have and usually only give 2/3 chances a game max
We shouldn't have to!

But in regards to what you've written above, all that the refs need to do is nick a couple of points here and there early in the season and the gap will open up.

Remember that Spurs game? No pen for a blatant push on Rodri(?) and our last minute "winner" from Jesus gets ruled out for a "handball" by Laporte? 3 pts turns into 1pt and an easy win turns into a 2-2 draw. Whilst "the chosen ones" will be "helped" into a "fantastic start to the season". Confidence breeds success, just look what it's done for them this season already!

I believe this is what will happen next year, maybe I'm wrong, but it's what I believe.

I remember Watford doing that when 6-0 down. I’m glad to say that we clapped them.
The twattishness of rag fans is back all right.
Back when we were really shit a lot of United fans struggled to understand how we could still go and watch the team we grew up with (and in my case dad, grandads team etc..like a lot of other blues) They couldn't quite understand in their patronising, superior way how we could stick with our lot, no matter how bad and not go for the far more glamorous, successful (soulless!) option.
My boss once said to me '2 (?!) teams in Manchester to choose and you went for that one,' Times have changed obviously and he's only actually seen the Rags 3 times in 20 years (one of them amusingly the first derby at COMS when we won 4:1 because he got freebies from his daughter who worked for Thomas Cook).
I would Like to think we'd never down fans for sticking with their teams even when they're shit...( it gets a lot shit than losing in a final as ofcourse we found out, but that's not really the point of this post! )

We shouldn't have to!

But in regards to what you've written above, all that the refs need to do is nick a couple of points here and there early in the season and the gap will open up.

Remember that Spurs game? No pen for a blatant push on Rodri(?) and our last minute "winner" from Jesus gets ruled out for a "handball" by Laporte? 3 pts turns into 1pt and an easy win turns into a 2-2 draw. Whilst "the chosen ones" will be "helped" into a "fantastic start to the season". Confidence breeds success, just look what it's done for them this season already!

I believe this is what will happen next year, maybe I'm wrong, but it's what I believe.
Even a couple of goals isn't enough....the potential title winning derby springs to mind, Atkinson even ignored the assault on Kun from Young when he'd massaged them into the lead.

We shouldn't have to!

Yep Pep knows the players know we have to be near perfect and score more than 1 goal to win a match, just because of the way we are refereed! It’s the subtle refereeing of none freekicks for us and none fouls for opponents who get a free kick! The new rule of lenient that started at Anfield where a lot of stuff was let go as in kicked for fun! It’s another rule they brought in so if they let a more robust tackle go it’s fine only if it doesn’t benefit us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.