United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only a couple of weeks back that Dias was booked for being the 'third person' to remonstrate with the referee, yet this team of mard arses do it EVERY SINGLE GAME, and Rat Face is one of the worse in the PL for it, yet NOTHING happens.

His antics will undoubtedly overshadow Shaw's disgraceful behaviour and he'll get away with it AGAIN. One of the dirtiest teams in the league. They have 56 yellow and 1 red card this season, but the majority of them are stat padding late on when they've been allowed their obligatory 7 fouls and 3 stern talking's to before the card eventually comes out.

They are 100% refereed to a different set of standards
So are our women. The ref continued with a lecture tour whenever Spurs Women clattered into one of ours yesterday, and immediately after the last lecture without any issue whatsoever the useless woman brings out a card straight away for one of our players. It always amuses me as to what the refs are explaining to these thugs who continually get away with foul play that brings any other player a yellow card. Perhaps it's something along these lines "Look, yer've done that three times already and I've spoken to you three times. Another three and yer in the book!"

Spurs Women are probably the dirtiest team that have come to the Academy this season and yet we end up with three yellows to their one.

Last edited:
This one is still up for those wanting to see it again:

Thanks.
That is the first I've seen of it and to be fair it's not quite as bad as I was expecting, certainly not a shove or even really a push... but still a very obvious and physical act of dissent and would be well worthy of disciplinary action either at the time or retrospectively (if he played for any other team)

For all the (prior to yesterday) smoke blowing up the ass of the ETH revolution at united, it (as always) doesn’t really stand up to the actualite of facts.
6672B3ED-2721-485A-AAB5-F1784C433376.jpeg
ETH has made the astounding leap of winning a whole 6 more points than the Ole and Rangnick disjointed comedy duo of last year. And equalling the previous Ole sensational season.

The butcher, the ‘rejuvenated’ Dalot, the ‘timeless’ varane and the ‘best’ left back in England, have all massively improved their defence by… -3 goals.

The best homegrown prolific striker of any generation has allowed them to accumulate a whole -1 goal more than the direness of last year.

Don’t forget, it was all that nasty backstabbing Pogba, and egocentric Ronaldo last year causing them to be mediocre… the removal of those disruptive elements has led to a sea change in their overall position…

And finally, remember that this nonseismic change in their stats has been brought about by spending diddly the most ever over the summer.

These stats are simple, they are easy to see, and yet if youve read/watched any of the media in the months up to this morning, you’d think this season was a giant leap forward for them

Last edited:
Thanks.
That is the first I've seen of it and to be fair it's not quite as bad as I was expecting, certainly not a shove or even really a push... but still a very obvious and physical act of dissent and would be well worthy of disciplinary action either at the time or retrospectively (if he played for any other team)
Yeah, I'm not expecting the lino to fall over or anything but it's the principle of what he did, act of dissent, hands on official. He doesn't push the lino for him being in the way as he wasn't. As you say, well worthy of disciplinary action. What's more laughable is he's the captain. The powers that be might as well bin their Respect campaign after that if nothing is done. And, with Fernandes, we see his petulance towards officials every single game.

Last edited:
For all the (prior to yesterday) smoke blowing up the ass of the ETH revolution at united, it (as always) doesn’t really stand up to the actualite of facts.
View attachment 71269
ETH has made the astounding leap of winning a whole 6 more points than the Ole and Rangnick disjointed comedy duo of last year. And equalling the previous Ole sensational season.

The butcher, the ‘rejuvenated’ Dalot, the ‘timeless’ varane and the ‘best’ left back in England, have all massively improved their defence by… -3 goals.

The best homegrown prolific striker of any generation has allowed them to accumulate a whole -1 goal more than the direness of last year.

Don’t forget, it was all that nasty backstabbing Pogba, and egocentric Ronaldo last year causing them to be mediocre… the removal of those disruptive elements has led to a sea change in their overall position…

And finally, remember that this nonseismic change in their stats has been brought about by spending diddly the most ever over the summer.

These stats are simple, they are easy to see, and yet if youve read/watched any of the media in the months up to this morning, you’d think this season was a giant leap forward for them

It’s been one of those weird seasons with the World Cup. The two most consistent sides in the league have suffered a drop off which has allowed other teams to get closer, I’d be upset as a Liverpool supporter that they can’t get the consistency going when they can play like they did yesterday and also how they played against City in October.

The rags go on about Varane and that butcher bloke being some amazing defensive partnership. They have a goal difference of plus six, that tells a big story of how lucky they have turned marginal games into wins. Rashford having a purple patch, previous to this season his scoring stats were comparable to Gabriel Jesus and that’s with Rashford having a good season and a half more playing time in this league. They’ve spent an absolute fortune on Sancho and Antony and don’t seem to be getting much return on them.

The one thing they have done is sorted the midfield with Casemario and Erikson. They both seem a bit short term with their current ages. Will be interesting to see how long they can continue at that level in this league.

View attachment 71269

I think Ten Hag has done a reasonable job with them, but like you say their fans and the press can never just have a season where they wait and see: they're always back. The old joke about scousers and next season being their season, well United do that about their current season even against all possible evidence. They've had some proper stinking results this year, and they were always a wobble from getting sucked into a battle for top four, a fucking mile away from Arsenal. They have not had a dominant game against another big club, and even in their impressive results against Barcelona were on the ropes for large stretches. Don't seem to be much better than the Moments FC of OLE's reign and the buckle when they meet a well coached team having a good day. They've got carried away and think their name is on trophies that they're barely out of groups. For all his virtues the manager has signed big, big money players that look exceptionally risky to me (Antony for £86m, say Liverpool improve next year, Arsenal and City are comfortable top four, and Spurs nick the top four and ETH leaves. What do you do with Antony?) or players that only have a season or two in them. They look to me like they need to move on another 5 or 6 players and I don't know how many more Ajax academy grads you can buy for £120m and still hope to win the league.

It’s been one of those weird seasons with the World Cup. The two most consistent sides in the league have suffered a drop off which has allowed other teams to get closer, I’d be upset as a Liverpool supporter that they can’t get the consistency going when they can play like they did yesterday and also how they played against City in October.

The rags go on about Varane and that butcher bloke being some amazing defensive partnership. They have a goal difference of plus six, that tells a big story of how lucky they have turned marginal games into wins. Rashford having a purple patch, previous to this season his scoring stats were comparable to Gabriel Jesus and that’s with Rashford having a good season and a half more playing time in this league. They’ve spent an absolute fortune on Sancho and Antony and don’t seem to be getting much return on them.

The one thing they have done is sorted the midfield with Casemario and Erikson. They both seem a bit short term with their current ages. Will be interesting to see how long they can continue at that level in this league.

That Sancho is hardly getting a kick,which pleases me no end,not that he's good,it's just a move he thought he'd be the superstar.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.