United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville kept saying Liverpool didn't play that well. Loved the closing comment from Dalglish's daughter at the end of yesterday's show when she said Liverpool won 7-0 despite not playing well. It bought howls of laughter from Souness & Carrafher.
I don't think Neville was wrong on that point, though. Liverpool were very average for most of the first half, were gifted a couple of soft goals, and then punished and humiliated an embarrassing United performance. Good for Liverpool and their fans. But the Liverpool/Sky studio obviously wanted it to be seen as some great sign that Liverpool were "back" and used Neville as a whipping boy for it, but I think it told us more about United's mentality rather than Liverpool's quality.

Last 10 seasons. If you didn’t know who it was, would you guess?

7-0 to Liverpool
5-0 to Liverpool
4-0 to Liverpool
6-3 to City
4-0 to City
4-1 to City
4-1 to City (again)
6-1 to Tottenham
4-0 to MK Dons
4-1 to Watford
4-0 to Everton
4-0 to Brentford
4-0 to Brighton

Apparently, Salah has been booked more times for celebrating a goal against them at Klanfield, than the number of goals the rags have actually scored in the same time period!

While there is no doubt the rags have improved there are reasons, aside from the billion pounds and countless managers they've thrown at it, that they have.

Firstly the officials are starting to give them loads of iffy decisions again, the Rashford offside one against ourselves being the most blatant. They couldn't help them too much when they were really crap but now they've improved they're getting plenty along the way. Good for the premier league brand you see.

Secondly the doughnuts thief has been in the form of his life. Time after time he's saved them and they've gone up the other end and nicked it with usually a Rashford goal, who the same as De Gea is in the form of his life.

Winning the league cup with a favoured cup run did them no favours as it made them believe they were better than they are. As did beating a Barcelona side not a patch on past sides. This meant all that old rag arrogance resurfaced and they went to Anfield full of it. Watch Neville and Keane smirking when Souness told them he believed Liverpool would comfortably beat them. They did. When the shit hit the fan all their old failings resurfaced and they got hammered, a result that had been coming for a while. Long may it continue.

They were still being protected by the officials yesterday despite the 7-0 score.

Shaw- 1 red avoided for last man pulling Salah down but laughably it was not even given as a foul as meant he had no choice but to send him.

Shaw- Avoided a yellow card on at least 3 occasions to the above.

Agree re Rat Face, pushing an official should be a red or retrospective action but we know he he will get away with it where it be on a 24/7 loop on Sky if we did it.

Ratface- constant diving ,moaning to the ref and embarrassing play acting. Again no card at all.

McFoulalot- could easily have seen red not yellow.
Remember the collective media outrage when Sergio placed a friendly hand on a lineswoman's shoulder?

massey.jpg

Moment Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero grabs female assistant referee Sian Massey-Ellis around the neck as he disputes a throw-in during win over Arsenal on Saturday - as football authorities decide NOT to punish him​

Last 10 seasons. If you didn’t know who it was, would you guess?

7-0 to Liverpool
5-0 to Liverpool
4-0 to Liverpool
6-3 to City
4-0 to City
4-1 to City
4-1 to City (again)
6-1 to Tottenham
4-0 to MK Dons
4-1 to Watford
4-0 to Everton
4-0 to Brentford
4-0 to Brighton

Apparently, Salah has been booked more times for celebrating a goal against them at Klanfield, than the number of goals the rags have actually scored in the same time period!
One of their fans in the RedCafe post match thread asked why they so often get absolutely battered. I didn't hang around for the replies, but it suggests a pretty poor level of mental strength, over a long period of time.

I remember during one of our hammerings of them, we were playing keep ball, and even the normally mild mannered Mata got all hot and bothered.

Funnily enough only last week I was trying to point out what a dirty so and so scholes was to a City supporting friend of mine - who sadly declared him his favourite rag (why would you even ask yourself such a soul sapping question?) and searched online for clips of fouls, sendings off and the like. Nothing came up on YouTube for several similar search terms.

I did discover in the course of my thwarted research that the pioneering Therapeutic Use Exemption boy had received 97 yellow cards in the league. Yet all footage of those seems to have been curiously expunged.

Perhaps they already have a dark sponsorship from Pravda?
Here's a few. It always wound me up when Andy Gray used to chuckle "He can't tackle, can he?" whenever Scholes committed a bad foul as if he did it accidentally.

Remember the collective media outrage when Sergio placed a friendly hand on a lineswoman's shoulder?

View attachment 71308

Moment Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero grabs female assistant referee Sian Massey-Ellis around the neck as he disputes a throw-in during win over Arsenal on Saturday - as football authorities decide NOT to punish him​

How the Scum ended the game with 11 Players is a farce as also is how did Rat Face not get at least a Yellow for numerous different Yellow Card Offences throughout the game. Even at Klanfield they get favourable Officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.