United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the camp that they have improved based on a manager with a clear idea of how he wants them to play and aiming to get the right players there.

It did seem they had turned a corner after the WC, but last 3 results show maybe not so much.

Rashford is a good player, to say not is based on blue tints.

Next season is the one in which Ten Hag will be judged as with another transfer window and time to implement his ideas.

1st season if he gets a trophy or 2 and CL football, then he will be considered a success (Pep’s first season was not that good).

For balance, they are and have been an anomaly for about 10 years. The team at the top of other leagues have always been the highest spending fees/ wages.

Sometimes we have been higher and most of the time, especially recently they have. It is a huge failure that they are where they are (regardless of Glazer’s the money has been spent). They are probably the only team in the Prem who would pay £100 million for Kane and probably another £100 million in wages for someone with no value at the end of the 5 years.

So the bar is set so low for what should be expected. That whilst I agree there has been an improvement, I still feel the owners should be expected to see more for the investment.

Hope others are right, I think these guys will be in our rear view mirror again in next couple of years.

Relying on two 31 year old not the ideal midfield
I was only saying that them two were an improvement on what they had before. One adds a bit of control and is able to win the ball and pass it out, the other has a decent passing range and an ounce of creativity in him.

Other than that, it's still kick and chase.

Vast improvement? Nah. Improvement? Yeah, on a good (bad) day.

They're still dogshit though.

So you're still talking shit, believing and parroting everything you are told to think by the broadcasters and everything you read in the media

They haven't "improved hugely" at all, still very limited footballing and tactical ability beyond parking the bus and hoofing it upfield, no better at all than what was seen under Mourinho or Solskjaer.

Rashford isn't now and never has been a "brilliant" player, his indivdual game or team contribution hasn't actually improved at all this season, he's just had an extended fortuitous run of popping up in just the right spot once every match to convert an easy chance... and even that seems to have come to a shuddering halt now and he's back to strolling around the pitch doing very little.

100% where is this Ajax possession football that he was supposed to bring? Pep came didn’t have the players but still stuck to his principles trying to install his beliefs into the players we had?! Seem Ten Bob the fraud shit the bed and went for parks bus after to losses in his first two games it worked so he shat his beliefs philosophy out his arse!

Ole mark 2 at the wheel

They also got a home tie in every round of the League Cup.
West Ham also had the by the bollocks in the cup only for some twat headed the ball in his own net.

They are truly awful. Yesterday was a massacre performance wise they got torn apart.

4-0 L Brentford
2-0 L Newcastle
7-0 L Dippers
6-3 L City
3-1 L Villa
3-2 L Arsenal

Ten Hag working miracles though!
So W0 D0 L6 against the top 9 with Spursy & Brighton away still to play.

#SOPP

I’m in the camp that they have improved based on a manager with a clear idea of how he wants them to play and aiming to get the right players there.

It did seem they had turned a corner after the WC, but last 3 results show maybe not so much.

Rashford is a good player, to say not is based on blue tints.

Next season is the one in which Ten Hag will be judged as with another transfer window and time to implement his ideas.

1st season if he gets a trophy or 2 and CL football, then he will be considered a success (Pep’s first season was not that good).

For balance, they are and have been an anomaly for about 10 years. The team at the top of other leagues have always been the highest spending fees/ wages.

Sometimes we have been higher and most of the time, especially recently they have. It is a huge failure that they are where they are (regardless of Glazer’s the money has been spent). They are probably the only team in the Prem who would pay £100 million for Kane and probably another £100 million in wages for someone with no value at the end of the 5 years.

So the bar is set so low for what should be expected. That whilst I agree there has been an improvement, I still feel the owners should be expected to see more for the investment.

Hope others are right, I think these guys will be in our rear view mirror again in next couple of years.

Ten bob ole mark 2 is not playing HIS football his Philosophy he is playing ole foootball

I never saw a rag love in,only a realistic acceptance that they had improved hugely from the rudderless shitshow that they were prior to Ten Hag's arrival.Rashford is a brilliant player,he is also a massive ****.....but that doesn't detract from his ability.

Maybe renaming them the Casemiro team may be more appropriate though.
There's a fine line between truth and an absolute pisstake. Not sure which way your going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.