United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw will continue to grow immensely at the rags
According to the rags director of football
John Murtough.
," Shaw is one of the best defenders in the world ". Not sure which world they are on about but it isn't this one
Should read “Shaw is one of the fattest defenders in the world”

Lets see how motivated he is after signing a new 4 year contract. He was on £150,000/week, and I can't see his new contract being any less than that. 4 years takes him up to 31 years old, which means he'll only really have 5 years playing career left at best.
I'd say no way he gets to 36 at the top level, but then he's managed to bluff his way to 27 so far, if you can call the rags top level.

Just for comparison's sake:

After 27 games played in 2020-21: 53 points, 55 goals scored, 32 conceded
After 27 games played last season: 47 points, 44 goals scored, 34 conceded
After 27 games played this season: 50 points, 41 goals scored, 37 conceded

They've not hugely improved in the slightest. They're the same. Smack bang in the middle of where they've been for the last few years in total mediocrity, with a Burnley striker up top to prove it. Their "tactical improvement" has led to fewer goals scored, more conceded, and the same points total.

In fact, when I rarely sit down to watch them, they look less dynamic and attacking than they did in the highs of Ole. They're dull, they packed their own box against Newcastle, they've cheated their way to a win against us and a couple of other very dodgy results, and yes, they might win the fucking Europa League, which they also did under Mourinho, but nobody really gives a flying fuck. They finished second under Mourinho, too, but did it help? Was it part of some big resurgence? Are United back, actually challenging for the league? Course not.

They're still shit, and they even set a record for shitness when one of the weakest Liverpool sides in recent times routed them. The only difference this season is that Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs have all decided to be a bit shitter and might therefore gift them a CL spot. But, even that is still very much to play for. It only takes one of Pool or Spurs to get their act together and we'll see what happens.

The media, for the millionth time, is trying to push this narrative that they're SO much better under ETH. They're not. You only have to watch them to see it. Sure, getting rid of the prima donna was a good move (that any manager with a modicum of sense would have made) and they've shown glimpses of being a bit better-organised from time to time, which is basically thanks to Casemiro, but they're not suddenly some world-beating side.

They've been insanely reliant on a suddenly in-form Rashford (and we all know how long his 'form' usually lasts) and Casemiro dragging them through games. And you see what happens when the former stops firing and the latter is suspended; they go back to the same old dreary, forgettable, mid-table football we've seen from them over the last decade.

Casemiro aside, their signings have been shit. Antony's as shit as his beard. Malacia is a walking foul machine. Weghorst feels like some sort of Beadle's About prank. And Martinez is just about alright but I don't think he'd walk into any top club defence. And as long as ETH keeps up his myopic insistence of bringing over average players from the Dutch league, they'll continue to make bad choices and have an average, laughable team masquerading as the Harlem Globetrotters of football.

And we'll continue dominating.
Great post. They have hardly played well in any matches this season yet Tent Peg gets a free ride in the media. They have won nine league matches by a single goal and not scored more than three in any game. I know they say "the table never lies" but I believe they are in a false position. They have too many players who are technically weak. Some of them are nowhere near Premier League level, Weghorst for example. The media narrative has been absurd all season.

According to the rags director of football
John Murtough.
," Shaw is one of the best defenders in the world ". Not sure which world they are on about but it isn't this one
That world but be Ragworld, a world where Trafford's finest are also the biggest, bestest and greatest football club in the world and anyone who says otherwise is bitter and jealous

Sancho thinks more about being a celebrity than wanting to be a footballer.

The rags have had a cluster of cunts that are all up there own arses. Sancho, Pogba, Antony, Martial, Lingard, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Morrison Lukaku, and many more.

To add to that bag of shite you can add this bag of shite Sanchez, Schneiderlin De Maria, Schveinsteiger, Falco, Cavani, Ighalo, Fred, McOrdinary, Telles, Maguire, Wan Basaka,

I’m sure others can think of lots more.

Who’s going to take some of their players though? Maguire, Sancho, Martial etc are on silly wages there’s probably a hand full of clubs in Europe that could take them but they won’t as they know how bad they are. It’s going to hamper them big time acquiring new personnel, I think we will witness a summer of lots of toys being chucked out of the pram from their supporters unless Scruffy Jim or Qatar manage to purchase them.
Even if Scruffy Jim or the Qatari shop keeper buy them, they will still be stuck with those players. If they get Kane it will be 350k a week on top of 8 players who should be sold but can't be.
Isn't it wonderful.

To add to that bag of shite you can add this bag of shite Sanchez, Schneiderlin De Maria, Schveinsteiger, Falco, Cavani, Ighalo, Fred, McOrdinary, Telles, Maguire, Wan Basaka,

I’m sure others can think of lots more.
Schweinsteiger was quality and seemed like a decent person as well, I'm delighted he managed to scam the rags out of a pension top up once his legs had gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.