United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the scapegoating/narrative of Maguire very disturbing.

It's become a national thing, with the mainstream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

It's bullying, pure and simple.

He's made a few mistakes, but he's conveniently carrying the can for a club and a supporter base looking for anything to excuse away how shit they are.

Sancho and Anthony cost a combined £160m and have been nothing short of lamentable.

The Glazers are accused of all sorts, yet they consistently ensure United are one of the top spenders and sanctioned a record £300m splurge last summer.

Maguire is the main target on the back pages today when anyone with a brain knows De Gea was at fault for two goals.

People even cite his looks. A bunch of fucking shitbags looking for an easy pile-on, when they wouldn't fucking dare to do it to his face.

One day a player is going to be taken to the brink and then all these pricks will all clutch their pearls and ask what we can do to avoid a tragedy in the future?

Maguire is having a bad time of it, but most people will at some stage, when nothing seems to go right.

He's a dad, a husband, a son.

United and their sycophants all need to look closer to home, starting with their entitlement.

It's become a national thing, with main stream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

He's made a few mistakes, but he's conveniently carrying the can for a club and a supporter base looking for anything to excuse away how shit they are.

Sancho and Anthony cost a combined £160m and have been nothing short of lamentable.

The Glazers are accused of all sorts, yet they consistently ensure United are one of the top spenders and sanctioned a record £300m splurge last summer.

Maguire is the main target on the back pages today when anyone with a brain knows De Gea was at fault for two goals.

People even cite his looks. A bunch of fucking shitbags looking for an easy pile-on, when they wouldn't fucking dare to do it to his face.

One day a player is going to be taken to the brink and then all these pricks will all clutch their pearls and ask what we can do to avoid a tragedy in the future?

Maguire is having a bad time of it, but most people will at some stage, when nothing seems to go right.

United and their sycophants all need to look closer to home, starting with their entitlement.
Commendable words, although this has always been the way in the forum of professional football. They get the big bucks and the downside is potshots on their abilities.
As utd are a media sex toy, there is no way they will vigourously go ater the whole club, anyway. Deflection tactics to zero-in the baying mobs aim at the easy target.
However, let's not be too sympathetic, the hate and bullying campaign we as a club, and fan base (unbelievably), have been going through for 15 years shows no sign of stopping.
My empathy with other clubs fans and players is worn thinner than a pound shop condom. Just look at the comments we receive online (and in the media) when City have a success, it is disgusting.

It's become a national thing, with the mainstream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

I was thinking the same it cant be good for him or his family. I never thought I would feel sorry for rag.

Get off - "bullying" TH.
Criticism, analysis and opinion will be long forgotten tools before long.
Probably a generational thing as to how it's viewed - granted.

Last edited:
⁸I find the scapegoating/narrative of Maguire very disturbing.

Top post.

Football aside, He's human just like the rest of us, I'd genuinely hate to imagine how he feels since his arrival at United. No matter what anyone else says footballers definitely see all this stuff on social media.

It's sickening to think that all these rag "Youtubers" or whatever they are called spout this shit about Maguire and do it all just for "views and money". They have no problem beating a man whilst he's down just to look after themselves. As you said "They wouldn't dare say it to his face" because they are absolute cowards.

Really all this boils down to the Rags not being successful and the fans can't accept it because they are spoiled little brats and Maguire is getting the brunt of it.

I hope he moves on this summer for his own sake, The situation is gone beyond just football. It is bullying of the highest order I'd say the chap is an all time low mentally.

I'm with you to a degree, but these players know they are going to face a barrage of abuse from the crowds the moment they step out on to the pitch. Justified or not it happens. Personally, I'd take all the abuse in the world if it meant I could earn the money he is.
But I agree that it should not be personal. He's an ugly looking fucker, that's for sure. Doesn't mean he should be abused because of how he looks.
I am happy to admit to my hypocrisy, because I've given Slabhead and the Face so much stick over the years because of their 'Hills Have Eyes' looks, and I'm in the wrong for that (I'm still going to do it though, I'm a bit of a Cnut like that).

But the way a lot of those rags play I think they should be brought to task for it. They have too many over-priced and over-hyped passengers in that team, most of those players would struggle in the Championship.
Fans have a right to express their dissatisfaction, especially after they've paid a lot of money for their tickets only to see the sort of lacklustre, uninspiring rubbish they were served last night.

He's 'shot' at the rags, plays ok for England as Johnny is next to him.

If he wants to carry on playing he needs to take a wage cut and go to a less profile club and rebuild his domestic career. Otherwise, the waistcoat will bin him and he'll be nothing more than a version of Phil the Face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.