United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The back pages of the tabloids are full of pictures of us making history, the hacks have used every imaginable superlative in describing our outstanding achievements, and the media are positively glowing in their reporting of our success: the rags are not -for the present- headline news. They are not used to being in our shade, and like spoilt children they are demanding the attention goes back to them again.

Honestly, if those small-minded, imbecilic losers on sad cafe are even a small representative of the average rag fan then I truly despair for the collective sanity of future generations.

From Rag Central - they are hurting

What will be interesting is how Europe reacts to this. Before, it was an internal problem as their cheating was only affecting their domestic league, but they've now disrupted European order and knocked noses out of joint whilst doing so. Do they get to continue doing that unabated? If yes, they've truly broken football as we know it because prior to this, blatant cheating had reprimand that acted as a deterrent.
He must have slept through Uefa trying to ban us for 2 years

The media kept dragging out the word "heroes" 24 years ago as well.

Not used for little old Citehso far, we don't suit their media agenda. That Rags team were full of the most obnoxious little arsewipes going, it was unbelievable. That seems to be the media agenda to be liked.

They ruined 1999 for me, now I can look back on it knowing what they did is now tainted by their "noisy neighbours".

There’s a few on here still obsessed with the rags. They did win this treble first but it was in the last century/millennium. It doesn’t stop me telling scousers that this is just a Manchester treble though. It really seems to piss them off for some reason.

The back pages of the tabloids are full of pictures of us making history, the hacks have used every imaginable superlative in describing our outstanding achievements, and the media are positively glowing in their reporting of our success: the rags are not -for the present- headline news. They are not used to being in our shade, and like spoilt children they are demanding the attention goes back to them again.

Honestly, if those small-minded, imbecilic losers on sad cafe are even a small representative of the average rag fan then I truly despair for the collective sanity of future generations.
They were on every sodding front page in 1999, and then soon after with their parade and bus with their awful badge on the top right of the paper.

There’s a few on here still obsessed with the rags. They did win this treble first but it was in the last century/millennium. It doesn’t stop me telling scousers that this is just a Manchester treble though. It really seems to piss them off for some reason.
First but as runners up the season before, unlike us.

Who gives a flying f—k what united fan’s think or say. They are hurting and will hit out because the myth they held in their heads about being the best coming from something in their DNA and a never say die attitude has been blown apart. They were appalling in the FA cup and folded like cheap trousers while we played in second gear. The only time they come again is if Ten Hag convinces them victory is not a right it’s earned by consistent hard work . There arrogance has been there downfall

“Manchester United have launched a former petition with the Premier League to nullify Manchester City’s 2022/2023 title win based on a metrics-based assessment their in-house analytics team compiled claiming Manchester United’s 1998/1999 league victory was superior, and thus Manchester City should not be allowed to be winners and, in turn, achieve the storied treble, which only Manchester United should be allowed to hold.

The club have also launched a separate complaint with UEFA regarding Manchester City’s Champions League triumph last night, though there is no information at present as to the basis for their challenge.

Manchester United have confirmed they will not be challenging their defeat at the hands of their noisy neighbours in the FA Cup final, as that is “a Mickey Mouse trophy” that they “didn’t want it anyway”.

It is unclear whether the Premier League or UEFA are likely to rule in Manchester United’s favour for either challenge. Outside observers familiar with this process indicate that whilst Manchester United have many current and former executives and players installed within both organisations, it is uncertain that they have enough sway to ensure the complaints are honoured.

One Premier League official, a former Manchester United chairman, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said “It really is unfair, you know—we’re the only club with sufficient history to be worthy of these trophies. That is exactly why we are still working on the closed shop tour… I mean guaranteed participation in the Super League. We are in talks with Saudi Arabian investors now and believe we are very close to making it a reality! All that is left is shifting Harry Maguire, as that is a precondition of being a founding member.”

We will provide additional updates as more information is released.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.