United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a bit arrogant of Man United to play a pre-season friendly at the same time as the England women's team are competing in the Euros final.

I'd like to think that if we'd had a warm-up game scheduled for this evening, we'd have moved the kick-off to the afternoon at the very least, once the semi-final result came through, just out of courtesy to the ladies.

I think its a bit arrogant of Man United to play a pre-season friendly at the same time as the England women's team are competing in the Euros final.

I'd like to think that if we'd had a warm-up game scheduled for this evening, we'd have moved the kick-off to the afternoon at the very least, once the semi-final result came through, just out of courtesy to the ladies.
They didn't even have a women's team till about 3 years ago

"TWGC"™ held by plucky Rayo Vallecano at "The Theatre of Dreams"™.
Lots of free tickets for kids according to some who have an interest in the pondlife.
But at least they give their fans a chance to see pre-season games. And also to check out the transport on Sundays, which they'll have to get used to with so many Thursday games in Europe.

They didn't even have a women's team till about 3 years ago
Sorry that is incorrect. They had a womens team for a number of years but they refused to invest in it. There were no crowds, no TV and of course no money so they scrapped the rag women's team.
Then, thanks to City, Arsenal and others who raised the profile the money crowds and TV followed. Suddenly the raggettes were reborn although why they aren't called Leigh United I know not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.