United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the funniest thing about yesterday was Ben Mee falling over and still beating their giant centre half to a header. He's going to get massacred. I'll give it a few weeks before he's moved permanently. The only downside to their start is they've got Liverpool next to give them a free easy win

The protesting is hilarious, it's just entitled glory hunting pricks acting out,
they don't even know what they want,
what do they think will change if the glazers didn't own the club? The thing with United is, they're too big to sell even if the Glazers wanted to (which they don't and no amount of protesting will change that as they sit back and watch from florid as they buy the club shop before protesting).

It would take many billions to buy the club and several billion more to improve the infrastructure. if they're to get an owner that doesn't take money out of the club or leverage debt against them they're going to need a sheikh Mansour, there's not many of them around and if one was interested in buying in to football, why would they buy United for billions when they could buy a number of other clubs across this country and Europe for a fraction of the price and get similar returns. Anybody interested in United will be people with the same idea as the glazers, use the size and popularity of the club to pay for itself and use it as a cash cow.

Ferguson, that is the No1 issue for me, same happened with Busby, they did not learn from their own history.

Once he retired , he should have kept away from the place for evermore, but no, he stinks the place out.
I agree, but I’m not sure the Busby scenario was remotely as crippling or as prolonged. Yes, he hung around for a couple of years and prevented McGuinness and O’Farrell being completely their own men, but by the time Docherty was in place three years after Busby’s departure, his influence had been constrained.

Ferguson has been gone approaching ten years now and is a far bigger (and more malign) presence than Busby was in 1972.

The fact that the Glazers are unable to identify how much a hinderance Ferguson now is, or worse, that they feel unable to tackle it, is further proof of their gross incompetence.

Would love to know the thoughts of Mr. Summerbee, he predicted this many seasons ago and was mocked by the other pundits. He kept his dignity.

Watching Chuckle 1 last night, spouting off as how the Glazers 'HAD' to sell (sure he used 'now is the time'), the arrogance to think they should be successful forever. Perhaps he should concentrate on the club he is a director of, along with the other pillocks of '92

What an arrogant prick

Think it’s safe to say sancho seems to have been a flop and if he carries on surely he doesn’t get selected for the England squad!

He looks a shadow of his dortmund self where he was so electric! Feel sorry for the lad
Never feel sorry for a rag.

Jaded was happy enough to take the rags' "30 pieces of silver", so let him rot at the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.