United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity Fluff has passed on - Rags might have put in a bid! Tony Blackburn is still about, and Steve Wright is leaving his slot, he'd fill half the goalmouth now the Spanish Blunderbuss is demonstrating a howler a game.
Once Wright leaves, Pick of the Pops, Blackburn's Sounds of the Sixties and Johnny Walker's Sounds of the Seventies will be the only programmes worth listening to on Radio Two. Plus Pop Master, of course.

Most of the rest of the DJs on there, I can’t stand, especially Scott Mills, Zoë "rag" Ball and Sara Cox.

Fucking dreadful, the three of them.

Last edited:
Sat at a table over 10 years ago arguing with rags. Me saying that we were coming for them and they were crap. Them laughing.

What a great time I`ve had, taking the piss every step of the way on this journey.

And it`s getting better everyday.
I had a very similar encounter with a group of rags about the same time.

The main point I was driving home to them was the importance of developing a good sense of humour.

Boy are they going to need it.

I had a very similar encounter with a group of rags about the same time.

The main point I was driving home to them was the importance of developing a good sense of humour.

Boy are they going to need it.

I thought Van Persie was a gamble we didnt need to take. He had had lots of time out with injuries for 7 out of his last 8 years. that old twat got extremely lucky with him.

Doesn't have to have been a player defending his position, it could have come from higher up.

Businesses and politicians do it all the time, leak a potential change of personnel or policy to the press and see how the world reacts. If the reaction's negative then you can do something else and pretend you never honestly considered the idea that got leaked, and you don't know where that rumour came from.

If it did come from higher up it suggests that at best there was uncertainty or uneasiness around the idea of Arnautovic somewhere in the hierarchy (if you really want a player, you want him regardless of what other people think). At worst - given I think Arnautovic was considered due to Ten Hag knowing, liking and having previously worked with him - someone's already trying to undermine the new manager.

They both have a point.

The owners should have invested in the stadium, facilities and a competent football decision-making hierarchy.

But they have spent shit loads on players, and regardless of whether or not they're the right or ideal players for the club, they're professional athletes, many of whom have had some level of success at their previous clubs, and the standards they're playing at are shocking.

You either have talent or you don't, but there's no excuse for not having commitment or work rate.

No,no no. The Glaziers are supreme owners maximising revenue streams. The EPL is the toughest league in the world , there are no easy games.GPC had it easy , robbing youth players , low wages for the most part and until the chavs no real sustained challenge.
Their doing a great job

Their stubborness is becoming their downfall. They refuse to accept that "the United Way" which they cling to as some sort of warped gospel, simply doesn't exist/work.

I hope they never figure out how to fix it. I want them gone, buried, in the doldrums, humbled to the point of asking forgiveness for years of acting like twunts.

One of the rags at work has been on holiday these last two weeks.

He’s a decent lad, who has been very helpful to me moving into a new district.

But at the start of last season, after PR37 signed for them, he was so full of it, he was unbearable.

Tomorrow, when I see him, I’m going to ask where he’s been! Brighton or Brentford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.