United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Trafford is a graveyard for good players, Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, plenty more examples (and more to come). Whilst city makes good players better. This is main reason for their recruitment issue, it is not just Champion League qualification. Why would a great player want to become a worst one? The only reason is bit of extra money.
Spot on mate. The players you've listed are not bad players but they've killed their careers going there.

Some players want to work for as much money as they can get - I know I work for whoever pays me the most. However, the difference between good players and great players is what Fergie called "looking in the whites of their eyes".

Our board bring in players who know that by winning honours they crave, the money looks after itself.

Their board bring in players who know that Instagram likes brings in the money and honours they crave.

I thought it would try to look at the ownersip issue from their perspective.
What do they actually want?
Somone with at least 4-6 billion to buy the club.
Someone who is then going to invest more money fixing up the stadium.
Someone to invest even more money in the playing staff to make them competetive again.
Someone who understands the "United way"

Sounds reasonable however they have some conditions as they are the moral compass in all that is right and good,

This new owner must not buy the club with a leveraged buyout.
must not take any dividends from the club.
Must not be associated with any human rights issue.
must not be funded by monies derived from the oil or petrol industries.
Must not be Russian.
Must not be Chinese
Must not be from the middle east.
Must be prepared to invest their own money into the club.
Must be prepared to have protests and marches if they lose a game.
Must be prepared to be slagged off in the media by former club "legends"
Must be prepared to change managers as and when the fans get restless.
Must be prepared to outbid City for any player.
Must be prepared to be slagged off for outbidding City for said player a few months later.
Must be prepared to have games postponed if the fans get emotional and think they may lose.

I am sure i have missed other obvious conditions out so plwase feel free to add.

So in short a quite specific type of owner in mind, sounds simple enough to find otherwise why all the pressure to get rid of the Glazers

I can't see someone putting in £4 or 5 billion of their own money.
It could well turn out that they get lumbered with more debt than they have now because the price to buy United will be many fold this time round than that which the Glazers paid for them.
Oh, you can be sure that in any exit scenario, the glazers would make sure they got their pound of flesh.

I am still amazed they did not go for Conte, yes he would be short term, but he would have destroyed the cancer in that club.

Conte would have done what Mancini did for us, get the winning mentality back into the club.

They are completely gone, from top to bottom, a quite incredible fall from grace, in fact it's quite tragically glorious.

I would like to thank every single person that has played their part, however small, it's the gift that keep giving.

Shush ffs

Again history repeating, remember Busby and the souvenir shop?...dodgy bastard and kept it quite for years.

That was a gift to Busby on his retirement and he put his son Sandy in it to run it.
Sandy and Martin Edwards were promised seats on the board but when it came to Sandy's turn Louis refused to allow him to be put forward, hence him and Matt falling out.
What's all this?

I don’t see how Neville or rag fans can blame the Glazers when they’ve spent nearly £700m on players since 2017 (their last trophy).

Why aren't any of these dickheads smart enough to see that it’s signing the wrong players that’s made them shit, not a lack of owner investment?
Or 1.5 Billion spent since last winning the prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.